- a full of life and energy
a lively discussion
lively and attractive parents
a lively party
- s full of zest or vigor
- s quick and energetic
a lively gait
- s elastic; rebounds readily
a lively tennis ball
- s filled with events or activity
a lively period in history
- s full of spirit
this whole lively world
- Armed with lively prose and voluminous research on an invention that never flowered as promised, he takes readers on a tour of the jetpack's strange history and stranger modern .
- The informed roundtable keeps things lively.
- Sportswriters compared vaulting's "lively pole" to baseball's "lively ball.
- Matthew McConaughey in Inquirer.net
My girlfriend Camila and I made a baby together,McConaughey writes. "It's three months growing in her womb and all looks healthy and lively so far. We are stoked and wowed by this miracle of creation and this gift from God, and so excited...
- Sir Alex Ferguson in ESPN
After Danny Murphy (penalty) and Zoltan Gera had scored in each half to condemn his team to a 2-0 defeat, Ferguson said: "In the first half we never got started. They were lively and got stuck in and we respect that - they lost 4-0 to us a couple of...
- Barbra Streisand in International Herald Tribune
I'm very excited about the strength of the Democratic field for the 2008 presidential election, and I'm looking forward to a lively and healthy primary debate that discusses the key issues facing this country,Streisand wrote.