- n the temporal end; the concluding time
- n the last or lowest in an ordering or series
he was the last to leave
he finished an inglorious last
- n a person's dying act; the final thing a person can do
he breathed his last
- n the time at which life ends; continuing until dead
a struggle to the last
- n a unit of weight equal to 4,000 pounds
- n a unit of capacity for grain equal to 80 bushels
- n the concluding parts of an event or occurrence
I had to miss the last of the movie
- n holding device shaped like a human foot that is used to fashion or repair shoes
- v persist for a specified period of time
The bad weather lasted for three days
- v continue to live through hardship or adversity
how long can a person last without food and water?
- s immediately past
the last chapter we read
- a coming after all others in time or space or degree or being the only one remaining
the last time I saw Paris
the last day of the month
had the last word
waited until the last minute
he raised his voice in a last supreme call
the last game of the season
down to his last nickel
- s occurring at or forming an end or termination
the last days of the dinosaurs
- s most unlikely or unsuitable
the last person we would have suspected
the last man they would have chosen for the job
- s occurring at the time of death
his last words
the last rites
- s conclusive in a process or progression
a last resort
- s highest in extent or degree
to the last measure of human endurance
whether they were accomplices in the last degree or a lesser one was...to be determined individually
- s not to be altered or undone
the arbiter will have the last say
- s lowest in rank or importance
in last place
- r most_recently
I saw him last in London
- r the item at the end
last, I'll discuss family values
- In Berchtesgaden, last week, Gerhard Herrgesell, stenographer to Germany's Supreme Headquarters Staff, told PTI Cor respondent Perci-ual Knauth the story of the last.
- As the 78th Congress flickered to a finish, lame-duck Congressmen seized their last chance.
- I've been receiving a steady stream of favorable emails from Iranian-Americans regarding my appearance on Larry King last night.
News & Articles
- Last bombing victim released from MGH
BOSTON--The last of Mass. General's 31 bombing victims was discharged by his team of doctors on Wednesday.
June 18, 2013 - 7 News Boston
- 'The Last Of Us' Isn't A Game About Choices
The Last of Us isn't a video game about player agency or compelling choices---it's about emotional involvement.
June 18, 2013 - Forbes
- Last council meeting for mayor, two representatives
It was an emotional City Council meeting and the last for a few of its members today. Former Mayor John Cook and representatives Steve Ortega and Susie Byrd were recognized Tuesday for their years of service to the city of El Paso. Each one received gifts from city staff that was presented during the meeting. Representative Emma Acosta handed Cook a guitar signed by city staff, thanking him for ...
June 18, 2013 - KFOX 14 El Paso
- Paul Goydos in Seattle Times
Standing over that last putt, I was probably as nervous as I've ever been over a putt in my life,he said. "The putt would have gone in a thimble."
- Johan Cruyff in SkySports
Spain's style is the style of Barcelona,Cruyff told El Periodico. "Now, Spain is favourite to win the World Cup. Last night (Wednesday), that same Germany team that dazzled us against Argentina played football as it knows best; a football...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Politico (blog)
I think this announcement is as convincing an answer to the efforts undertaken by Tehran over the last few days as any we could provide,Clinton said at the Senate panel START treaty hearing today. "There are a number of unanswered...