finally : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r after an unspecified period of time or an especially long delay
- r as the end result of a succession or process
- r the item at the end
- More than a day after the WSJ and NYT declared in no uncertain terms that he was out, Merrill Lynch CEO Stan O'Neal finally "retired" this morning.
- From PTI's David Von Drehle: You can color Missouri red--finally.
- Like the characters in the fairy tale The Emperor's New Clothes, a gaggle of major financial institutions has finally been forced to admit, after lending Trump billions of dollars .
News & Articles
- Oakland teachers finally get 1-year pact
Oakland teachers finally get 1-year pact After five years of bitter bargaining, Oakland teachers and district officials have ratified a one-year agreement that gives teachers an immediate 1.5 percent raise and a one-time bonus. Teachers and substitutes will get their raises on June 30, as well as the lump sum worth 2.35 percent of their base salary. For the past several years, schools have ...
June 15, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Finally the sun! 1st full day in 3 weeks
Finally a day that feels like summer. KARE 11 spotted patios packed with people, families at beaches, and farmer's markets buzzing.
June 14, 2013 - KARE 11 Minneapolis-St. Paul
- James finally gets rolling early in Game 4
LeBron James finally got off to the kind of strong start everyone expected from the four-time MVP, scoring 11 points to help the Miami Heat take a 29-26 lead over the San Antonio Spurs after one quarter in Game 4 of the NBA Finals on Thursday night.
June 14, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in Clean Energy News (blog)
But it didn't work. They passed the ball very well, they made us work very hard in the defence. When we finally won the ball, we were too tired to move quickly forward. They have been playing together for several years, they are very cohesive,... Miroslav Klose http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miroslav_Klose&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEQnZPQ8EXaz7srP3ErgByniQMUSg The Canadian Press http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5gyzXtNEFylUEqy5tjU_XBdKBNrdQ&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG1GWoyCt2_rp_sqgSyrYOqk24MBQ Jul 7, 2010
37459 48468 finally ...help realize this goal, Obama called for Congress (and it was a rather soft request, not an executive command) to pass an energy and climate bill with incentives that will finally make clean energy the profitable kind of energy in...
- Harry Reid in Investing Contrarian
We will vote on this measure again once there is a replacement named for the late Senator Byrd,Reid said in a statement after the vote. "In the meantime, I sincerely hope that Republicans will finally listen to the millions of unemployed...