- n the event of dying or departure from life
her death came as a terrible shock
- n the permanent end of all life functions in an organism or part of an organism
the animal died a painful death
- n the absence of life or state of being dead
he seemed more content in death than he had ever been in life
- n the time when something ends
it was the death of all his plans
- n the time at which life ends; continuing until dead
she stayed until his death
- n the personification of death
- n a final state
- n the act of killing
he had two deaths on his conscience
- THE enormity of killing one's fellow man with premeditation is the principal reason for the existence of the death penalty; it is also the principal argument for abolishing it.
- Paris has been deeply shocked by a report of the circumstances of the death of the great Impressionist sculptor, Auguste Rodin.
- The terrible agony of Chantal Sebire is over, but the cause she championed may change laws after her death.
News & Articles
- Death of 7-Year-Old Being Investigated
MADISON COUNTY, Tenn.- The Madison County Sheriff's Department is investigating the sudden death of a 7-year-old Jackson boy. Sheriff David Woolfork told WBBJ 7 Eyewitness News the boy was taken to Jackson-Madison County General Hospital and pronounced dead around 7 p.m., Monday.
June 12, 2013 - WBBJ TV
- Death of missing Hampton woman ruled homicide
Officials have now ruled the death of a 28-year-old woman who went missing in Hampton as a homicide related to asphyxiation.
June 11, 2013 - WTKR Norfolk
- Death ruled homicide; person of interest sought
BLACK RIVER FALLS -- The weekend death of a woman in Black River Falls has been ruled a homicide, and police are still searching for a man who may be connected to the case.
June 11, 2013 - La Crosse Tribune
- Jesse Jackson in NECN
They're hurt because they lost a son. But the wound is now being kept open by the mystery and unanswered questions of the cause of death,Jackson said.
- David Cameron in The Guardian
David Cameron described the announcement as "desperately sad news". "Of course, the 300th death is no more or less tragic than the 299 that came before. But it's a moment for the whole country to reflect on the incredible service and...
- Robert Kennedy in WACH
Eulogizing his older brother, Sen. Edward Kennedy said, "My brother need not be idealized, or enlarged in death beyond what he was in life; to be remembered simply as a good and decent man, who saw wrong and tried to right it, saw suffering and...