- n the time when something ends
a dying of old hopes
- v pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life
- v suffer or face the pain of death
- v be brought to or as if to the point of death by an intense emotion such as embarrassment, amusement, or shame
I was dying with embarrassment when my little lie was discovered
- v stop operating or functioning
- v feel indifferent towards
- v languish as with love or desire
She dying for a cigarette
I was dying to leave
- v cut or shape with a die
- v to be on base at the end of an inning, of a player
- v lose sparkle or bouquet
- v disappear or come to an end
- v suffer spiritual death; be damned (in the religious sense)
- a in or associated with the process of passing from life or ceasing to be
a dying man
his dying wish
a dying fire
a dying civilization
- s eagerly desirous
dying to hear who won
- The dying man's ears, nose, mouth, hands, feet by holy unction were shrived.
- General surgeons, right now, are a dying breed; their residency programs have failed to fill for the past few years.
- The risk of dying from it is infinitesimal.
News & Articles
- Dying Fetus Announce Fall Tour and Renew Relapse Deal
Dying Fetus will be hitting the road this fall for a North American headline tour and the band have renewed their deal with their long time record label Relapse Records
June 13, 2013 - antiMUSIC
- Dying girl gets lung transplant from adult donor
The lungs offered Wednesday to a dying 10-year-old girl whose transplant plight changed the nation’s organ allocation rules came from an adult donor, perhaps proving that her parents were right all along.Sarah Murnaghan of Newtown Square, Pa., was undergoing surgery to receive two lobe transplants, meaning that a pair of adult lungs was cut down to fit her small size, according to a family ...
June 12, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Dying girl who sparked debate gets lung transplant from adult donor
The lungs offered Wednesday to a dying 10-year-old girl whose transplant plight changed the nation’s organ allocation rules came from an adult donor, perhaps proving that her parents were right all along.Sarah Murnaghan of Newtown Square, Pa., underwent more than six hours of surgery to receive two lobe transplants, meaning that a pair of adult lungs was cut down to fit her small size, according ...
June 12, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Robert Gates in guardian.co.uk
Some allies ought not to have the luxury of opting only for stability and civilian operations, thus forcing other allies to bear a disproportionate share of the fighting and dying,said Gates.
- Jesse Jackson in FOXNews
He was dramatic to the end _ dying on Christmas Day,said the Rev. Jesse Jackson, a friend of Brown's since 1955. "Almost a dramatic, poetic moment. He'll be all over the news all over the world today. He would have it no other way."
- Kenny MacAskill in Washington Post
MacAskill said that Megrahi "did not show his victims any comfort or compassion. They were not allowed to return to the bosom of their families to see out their lives, let alone their dying days. No compassion was shown by him to them. But that...