- n a computer network consisting of a worldwide network of computer networks that use the TCP/IP network protocols to facilitate data transmission and exchange
- n a trap made of netting to catch fish or birds or insects
- n the excess of revenues over outlays in a given period of time (including depreciation and other non-cash expenses)
- n a goal lined with netting (as in soccer or hockey)
- n game equipment consisting of a strip of netting dividing the playing area in tennis or badminton
- n an open fabric of string or rope or wire woven together at regular intervals
- v make as a net profit
- v yield as a net profit
This sale netted me $1 million
- v construct or form a web, as if by weaving
- v catch with a net
net a fish
- a remaining after all deductions
- s conclusive in a process or progression
the net result
- Plunging prices have left Internet investors battered--and asking again, What are these stocks worth?.
- But on Capitol Hill, in the debate over "net neutrality," it's Old Media 2, New Media 0.
- While the Net is still not entirely ready for business, the pieces are falling into place.
News & Articles
- Health Net to Hold Conference Call and Webcast to Discuss Second Quarter 2013 Earnings Results
Health Net, Inc. expects to hold its quarterly conference call to discuss second quarter 2013 earnings results on Thursday, July 25, 2013, at approximately 11:00 a.m. Eastern time (8:00 a.m.
June 21, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- NET(net) Acquires xPeerient
HOLLAND, Mich., June 20, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- NET(net) , the world's leading provider of comprehensive IT Investment Optimization Services, has announced the acquisition of xPeerient , developer ...
June 20, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Net property tax penny worth $132,953
A net tax penny in Cumberland County will bring in $132,953 for fiscal year 2013-'14, according to county officials.
June 20, 2013 - Crossville Chronicle
- Wesley Sneijder in The Guardian
It was my first headed goal - and I don't think it will happen again,he said. "But it was great. It just slipped off my bald head and went into the net."
- Tony Kornheiser in Washington Post
If I could handpick a replacement of a football guy, I would cast a net and drag in Jon Gruden,Kornheiser said. "He is the two things you most want -- smart and funny -- and has the two things I don't -- good hair and a tan."
- Vera Zvonareva in The Age
I always believe in myself. I don't care about what everyone says,said the second-lowest ranked Wimbledon women's finalist since rankings began in 1975. "I know if I play my best tennis I can beat anyone on the other side of the net....