- n the excess of revenues over outlays in a given period of time (including depreciation and other non-cash expenses)
- n the advantageous quality of being beneficial
- v derive a benefit from
She profited from his vast experience
- v make a profit; gain money or materially
The company has not profited from the merger
- Boosting its semi-annual profit-sharing payments to 17.
- It's not just TARP; the Fannie-Freddie rescue could turn a profit too.
- For the social-entrepreneur CEO of Belu, pursuing a purpose might be easier if he pursues a profit too.
News & Articles
- Smithfield profit plunges on drop in exports
(Reuters) - Hog producer Smithfield Foods Inc , the subject of a $4.7 billion bid from China's Shuanghui International Holdings, reported a 63 percent fall in net profit as exports to China and Russia fell due to certification issues. Smithfield, whose products include Smithfield bacon and Eckrich sausages, said its net income fell to $29.7 million, or 21 cents per share, in the fourth quarter ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Profit By Search Announces SEO Reseller Program
Profit By Search, a renowned SEO & PPC company, recently announced its SEO Reseller Program. After serving more than 300 satisfied clients worldwide, the company aims to expand its area of services and become the number one in SEM services through its seo reseller program. (PRWeb June 13, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/seo-india-company/reseller-program ...
June 13, 2013 - PRWeb
- For-Profit Hospices: Is Their Reliance on Medicare Funding a Liability?
For-Profit Hospices: Is Their Reliance on Medicare Funding a Liability?
June 13, 2013 - The Motley Fool
- Al Gore in The Age
I am deeply honoured to receive the Nobel Peace Prize,Mr Gore said in a statement. "My wife, Tipper, and I will donate 100 per cent of the proceeds of the award to the Alliance for Climate Protection, a bipartisan non-profit organisation...
- Barack Obama in International Herald Tribune
Obama told reporters on Tuesday that while bankers shouldn't get rich on the taxpayers' dime, "the rest of us can't afford to demonize every investor or entrepreneur who seeks to make a profit. That drive is what has always fueled our prosperity,...
- Hilda Solis in The Associated Press
We are not saying go out of business,she said. "Do your job better. Make an investment in your employees. We want you to make a profit, but not at the expense of killing your employees."