- n financial assistance in time of need
- n something that aids or promotes well-being
for the benefit of all
- n a performance to raise money for a charitable cause
- v derive a benefit from
- v be beneficial for
- Much has been written about the benefits of fish oil for the heart.
- Mario Tama Getty In Mercer's recent national survey of employers, overall health benefit costs rose 11.
- With no end in sight to the country's job market woes, the House has agreed to give the jobless in a majority of states another 13 weeks of unemployment insurance benefits.
News & Articles
- Benefit sale today to help with girl’s care
A benefit yard sale and bake sale will be held 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. today at Brooks Detail, 620 N. Main St. Proceeds go to help defray medical expenses and personal bills for the family of Zamarie Whitfield.
June 21, 2013 - Muskogee Phoenix
- Benefit Sunday at Triple Cross Cowboy Church
The Christian Country Cares benefit concert is sponsored by Triple Cross Cowboy Church on Sunday, June 23 at 6 p.m. All proceeds will go to local charities to help victims of the May 15 tornado. Performers include Jeff Dugan, Tommy Brandt, Chuck Day, Hunter Cook, Mikayla Lynn, Charee’ White and Isaac Cole. The TC3 Band also will perform. There is no charge to attend.… Read the rest
June 21, 2013 - Hood County News
- Benefit softball tourney this weekend
Bruce WhettenDouglas Dispatch A men’s benefit softball tournament is set to take place this Friday, Saturday and Sunday to help a 16-year old with his medical bills.
June 21, 2013 - Douglas Dispatch
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in ABC News
I don't want to be part of the problem anymore. With the benefit of hindsight and a somewhat different perspective, I made some misjudgments. And of course, I can sit here and say all day long, 'If I could do it again I'd do something different,'... Floyd Landis http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_Landis&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGmg-vXMS-d3utvMQE_9fnohenL9A ESPN.co.uk http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.espn.co.uk/more/sport/story/23635.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFkMGjaYquEW7WCNQdPa73aBEXrXQ May 20, 2010
9462 13161 benefit Clinton said, however, We have noticed that the pirates are buying more and more sophisticated equipment. They're buying faster and more capable vessels. They are clearly using their ransom money for their benefit, both personally and on behalf of...
- Nouri al-Maliki in The Associated Press
Those who benefit from such acts are the enemies of humanity, the enemies of democracy, the enemies of openness,Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said Thursday in Beirut, where he was paying his respects following the death of a leading...