- n a computer network consisting of a worldwide network of computer networks that use the TCP/IP network protocols to facilitate data transmission and exchange
- All popular news channels, newspapers and magazines are taking their shows to the internet.
- By providing wireless access to the internet in public places, Wi-Fi has partially liberated the field force of the companies.
- Enigmahaven asks: Do you see the Internet being as versatile and popular as TV? Jerry Yang: I think it's very different from TV in many ways.
News & Articles
- Early Glance: Internet companies
Shares of some top internet companies are mixed at 10 a.m.: Amazon rose $1.38 or .5 percent, to $273.05. eBay rose $.56 or 1.1 percent, to $51.31. Google fell $2.04 or .2 percent, to $869.94. Groupon Inc. ...
June 13, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- With NSA Surveillance, US Government May Have Dealt Major Blow To Global Internet Freedom Efforts
The internet has never been a perfect tool for advancing democracy and human rights. Despite the most optimistic techno-utopian projections, the internet has yet to set us free and rid the world of dictators. Critics have been right to warn us of the dangers of a single-minded approach -- we should be careful not to overlook the deep historical, economic, and cultural factors that shape the ...
June 13, 2013 - Forbes
- Internet Society Statement on the Importance of Open Global Dialogue Regarding Online Privacy
The Internet Society has noted recent revelations regarding the apparent scope of U.S. government efforts to gather large amounts of end user information from U.S. Internet and telecom service providers for intelligence purposes.
June 12, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo in International Herald Tribune
By joining forces with Navteq, we will be able to bring context and geographical information to a number of our Internet services,Kallasvuo said.
- Patric Verrone in Xinhua
For years, images of this man sexually abusing children have been circulating on the Internet. We have tried all other means to identify and to bring him to justice, but we are now convinced that without the public's help this sexual predator could... Ronald Noble http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Noble&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNExmgHeuaZ3Zz2gnnjVsy_vxKtWJA Guardian Unlimited http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,,-6980480,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHBC5odp7RxI6Tl9hF_Gwbd67p8NA Oct 8, 2007
53003 70105 internet This was not a strike we wanted, but one we had to conduct in order to win jurisdiction and establish appropriate residuals for writing in new media and on the Internet," Verrone said through a statement released Tuesday evening.