lowest : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s lowest in rank or importance
- a less than normal in degree or intensity or amount
- a literal meanings; being at or having a relatively small elevation or upward extension
- s very low in volume
- s unrefined in character
- a used of sounds and voices; low in pitch or frequency
- s of the most contemptible kind
- s low or inferior in station or quality
- s no longer sufficient
- s subdued or brought low in condition or status
- s filled with melancholy and despondency
- r in the lowest position; nearest the ground
the branch with the big peaches on it hung lowest
- Low B flat, the lowest tone in music that is not just a grunt, is sounded in orchestras by the contrabassoon or the contrabass tuba.
- A heat map displays where prices are currently the highest (California) and lowest (Wyoming).
- Currently they pay after $4,600 a year, lowest in the nation.
News & Articles
- Britons' net incomes fall to lowest since 2001-02
LONDON (Reuters) - Britons' real net incomes fell to their lowest level in a decade in the year ending in March 2012, annual data from the country's labour ministry showed on Wednesday. Average net incomes including social benefits fell 3 percent during the 2011/12 tax year to their lowest level since 2001/02 on an inflation-adjusted basis. "Income fell as earnings and benefit income grew more ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Lowest Of The Low: Thieves Ransack Homes Of Funeral Attendees
Authorities are issuing a warning to loved ones of the recently deceased to be aware of a growing criminal trend – thieves who, as despicable as it sounds, burglarize the homes of those attending funerals. Indecently, the raiding band of ruffians target and prey on the vulnerable, families who have recently lost someone and post [...] Lowest Of The Low: Thieves Ransack Homes Of Funeral Attendees ...
June 13, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Lowest gas prices on Staten Island -- Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Associated Press Photo STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- The lowest gas price on Staten Island over the last 24 hours is $3.70 for a gallon of regular unleaded.That price can be found at the Costco station (members only) at 2975 Richmond...
June 12, 2013 - Staten Island Advance
- Jairam Ramesh in TIME
There is simply no case for the pressure that we, who have been among the lowest emitters per capita, face to actually reduce emissions,Ramesh said to Clinton at a conference on climate change in Gurgaon, near New Delhi, on July 19. "And...
- Bob Inglis in msnbc.com
- Noting that Palin had spread the "death panel" smear, Inglis said, "there were no death panels in the bill:and to encourage that kind of fear is just the lowest form of political leadership."
- President Bush in CNN International
Violence is down to its lowest level since the spring of 2004, and we're now in our third consecutive month with reduced violence levels holding steady,Bush said.