- n blue color or pigment; resembling the color of the clear sky in the daytime
he had eyes of bright blue
- n blue clothing
she was wearing blue
- n any organization or party whose uniforms or badges are blue
the Union army was a vast blue
- n the sky as viewed during daylight
he shot an arrow into the blue
- n used to whiten laundry or hair or give it a bluish tinge
- n the sodium salt of amobarbital that is used as a barbiturate; used as a sedative and a hypnotic
- n any of numerous small butterflies of the family Lycaenidae
- v turn blue
- s of the color intermediate between green and violet; having a color similar to that of a clear unclouded sky
October's bright blue weather"- Helen Hunt Jackson
a blue flame
blue haze of tobacco smoke
- s used to signify the Union forces in the American Civil War (who wore blue uniforms)
a ragged blue line
- s filled with melancholy and despondency
lonely and blue in a strange city
- s characterized by profanity or cursing
- s suggestive of sexual impropriety
a blue movie
- s belonging to or characteristic of the nobility or aristocracy
a blue family
the blue-blooded aristocracy
- s morally rigorous and strict
- s causing dejection
a blue day
- Brussels masterminds a Smurf invasion of Germany and France even as the blue-skinned creatures turn 50 and contemplate revealing intimate secrets.
- One area of church-state relations virtually avoided by the Chicago conferees was the field of blue laws.
- Roger Clemens in Inquirer.net
I did not provide Brian McNamee with any drugs to inject into my body,Clemens said in his video. "Brian McNamee did not inject steroids or human growth hormones into my body either, when I played in Toronto for the Blue Jays, or the New...
- President Bush in Courier Mail
Bush acknowledged that success in Iraq would require a "US political, economic and security engagement that extends beyond my presidency.peStill, he maintained that his surge is working, despite several recent blue-ribbon reports concluding that the...
- Gordon Kerr in BreakingNews.ie
Mr Kerr said he was warned by one of the gang: "Make sure the boys in blue aren't there. If they are, on your head be it."