- v corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality
- v violate the sacred character of a place or language
profane the name of God
- s characterized by profanity or cursing
- a not concerned with or devoted to religion
sacred and profane music
secular architecture", "children being brought up in an entirely profane environment
- s not holy because unconsecrated or impure or defiled
- s grossly irreverent toward what is held to be sacred
profane utterances against the Church
- The world needs to believe inspirational stories and it would profane to impair their influence.
- Her self-published single, the profane and attitudinous F Ya Man, now playing on her MySpace page, has logged 13 million spins.
- The Chicago politician and chairman of the House Democratic Caucus has been described as a profane, hyperactive attack dog and his supporters argue that this steamrolling .
News & Articles
- Jim Leyland rants about Tigers bullpen: ‘Who the (expletive) do you want to be the closer?’
You've been waiting for a good ol' profane manager rant and Detroit Tigers skipper Jim Leyland wants to be the one to give it to you. Leyland, obviously frustrated with the criticism the Tigers' closer role has gotten, blew off … Continue reading ?
June 14, 2013 - Big League Stew via Yahoo! Sports
- He's A Greedy Fucking Pig: Listen To Eric Murdock Rant On Mike Rice
On June 29, 2012, his next-to-last day at Rutgers, Scarlet Knights assistant Eric Murdock stormed into the athletic department and unleashed a profane, frustrated, 11-minute rant against head coach Mike Rice. Rice remained in his office with the door shut. Murdock would later claim he was let go because he threatened to blow the whistle on Rice's verbal and physical abuse of players. When ...
June 14, 2013 - Deadspin
- Grand Island council wants profane signs removed
The Grand Island City Council wants a resident's profane, anti-government signs removed from his properties.
June 12, 2013 - KGWN-TV Cheyenne
- Mohammad Najibullah in TODAYonline
...Malik, the secretary at Pakistan's information technology ministry, said the government had decided to restore access to YouTube but would continue blocking pages "displaying profane or sacrilegious material."
- Samuel Sewall in Forbes
Some somehow observe the day,wrote Boston Puritan Samuel Sewall on Christmas Day 1685, "but are vexed, I believe, that the body of people profane it, and blessed be God no authority yet compels them to keep it."
- Bill Parcells in MSNBC
I think I've been pretty subdued this year,Parcells said. "You should have seen me about 15 years ago." "We all from time to time you catch us at the wrong minute, but I haven't had a profane-laced tirade I can recall this year."