dark : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n absence of light or illumination
- n absence of moral or spiritual values
the powers of darkness
- n an unilluminated area
he moved off into the darkness
- n the time after sunset and before sunrise while it is dark outside
- n an unenlightened state
he was in the dark concerning their intentions
his lectures dispelled the darkness
- a devoid of or deficient in light or brightness; shadowed or black
sitting in a dark corner
a dark day
dark as the inside of a black cat
- a (used of color) having a dark hue
dark colors like wine red or navy blue
- s brunet (used of hair or skin or eyes)
- s stemming from evil characteristics or forces; wicked or dishonorable
Darth Vader of the dark side
a dark purpose
dark undercurrents of ethnic hostility
- s secret
keep it dark
- s showing a brooding ill humor
a dark scowl
- s lacking enlightenment or knowledge or culture
the dark ages
a dark age in the history of education
- s marked by difficulty of style or expression
much that was dark is now quite clear to me
- s causing dejection
the dark days of the war
a dark gloomy day
- s having skin rich in melanin pigments
- s not giving performances; closed
the theater is dark on Mondays
- The dark is good for all kinds of things, like love, trysts or even murder.
- Want to add some pizazz to your aquarium? A Taiwanese scientist has devised a way to make otherwise colorless fish glow neon green in the dark.
- How the Universe Will End Scientists think they know how the universe began, but what happens at the other end of the spacetime continuum was a deep, dark mysteryuntil now.
News & Articles
- Dark Souls II Preview: Old Feelings and Fresh Concerns
Everything you really need to know about Dark Souls II, you could have learned by looking at my hands after playing the demo at E3. They were sweaty, of course, and shaking. I’d just spent the last five minutes trying to defeat the Mirror Knight, a boss with an oversized electric sword and a shield through which human-like enemies periodically materialize. Before the fight began, I’d been told ...
June 12, 2013 - Techland
- Dark Souls II hands on preview
We went hands on with From Software’s Dark Souls II, the sequel to one of the most difficult games in recent years. And we’re happy to report we died a lot.
June 11, 2013 - Digital Trends
- 'Dark Souls II' E3 Gameplay Footage Looks Amazing
Dark Souls 2 keeps looking better and better, and the E3 footage is no exception.
June 10, 2013 - Forbes
- Nouri al-Maliki in International Herald Tribune
The verdict placed on the heads of the former regime does not represent a verdict for any one person. It is a verdict on a whole dark era that was unmatched in Iraq's history,Nouri al-Maliki said.
- Barack Obama in USA Today
This is a time for reflection, not retribution,Obama said in a statement. "We have been through a dark and painful chapter in our history. But at a time of great challenges and disturbing disunity, nothing will be gained by spending our...
- Amy Winehouse in FOXNews
The doctors have told her if she goes back to smoking drugs, it won't just ruin her voice, it will kill her,Mitch Winehouse told the Mirror. "There are nodules around the chest and dark marks. She has 70 percent lung capacity."