colored : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a United States term for Blacks that is now considered offensive
- v add color to
The child colored the drawings
Fall colored the trees
- v affect as in thought or feeling
- v modify or bias
- v decorate with colors
- v give a deceptive explanation or excuse for
- v change color, often in an undesired manner
The shirts discolored
- a having color or a certain color; sometimes used in combination
colored crepe paper
amber-colored heads of grain
- s having skin rich in melanin pigments
- s favoring one person or side over another
- s (used of color) artificially produced; not natural
News & Articles
- Scientists worry over dwindling tri-colored blackbird population in California
WILLIAMS – The use of pesticides and other farming practices are causing a dramatic decline in the population of what was once one of the state's most populous bird species: the tricolored blackbird.
June 21, 2013 - The Sacramento Bee
- Sunglass choices largely colored by their lenses
NEW YORK (AP) — Is seeing life through rose-colored sunglasses right for you? It might be if you're a fan of early-morning bike rides, if you're a commuter at dusk or you happen to live in a largely overcast climate.
June 20, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Political 'facts' colored by partisanship
People's version of facts is colored by their partisanship - and they'll tout that version even if they know it may not be accurate, according to a study by researchers at UC San Diego and Yale University.
June 19, 2013 - Orange County Register
- Lindsay Lohan in International Herald Tribune
Describing her experience on Election Day, Lohan said: "It was really exciting. It's an amazing feeling. It's our first colored president."
- Dawn Primarolo in Reuters
Protecting children from smoking is a government priority and taking away temptation is one way to do this,Public Health Minister Dawn Primarolo said on Saturday. "If banning brightly colored packets, removing cigarettes from display and...