- n any material used for its color
- n a race with skin pigmentation different from the white race (especially Blacks)
- n (physics) the characteristic of quarks that determines their role in the strong interaction
- n interest and variety and intensity
- n the timbre of a musical sound
- n a visual attribute of things that results from the light they emit or transmit or reflect
- n an outward or token appearance or form that is deliberately misleading
- n the appearance of objects (or light sources) described in terms of a person's perception of their hue and lightness (or brightness) and saturation
- v modify or bias
- v decorate with colors
- v give a deceptive explanation or excuse for
- v affect as in thought or feeling
- v add color to
- v change color, often in an undesired manner
- a having or capable of producing colors
News & Articles
- Photo Opportunity / Media Advisory - Cinespace Kleinburg Film Studios to host 50-year reunion for cast and crew of ...
TORONTO, June 12, 2013 /CNW/ - On Saturday, June 15 th , 2013, Cinespace Film Studios will be hosting at its historic Kleinburg Studios a 50-year anniversary celebration and reunion for the first colour ...
June 12, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Centrum Printing Targets New Markets with UV Finishing
Large-format KBA Rapida 162a goes to Sydney, Australia Centrum Printing in Sydney, Australia, has ordered a new KBA Rapida 162a six-colour plus coater in its biggest ever press investment as the company makes a move into packaging and POS print. The press can print either conventional or UV inks and coatings. The new press will be installed and commissioned in Sydney later this year. Percy Vij ...
June 12, 2013 - ThomasNet
- City and Colour's Dallas Green Takes on Trolls, Death and Quitting Alexisonfire on 'The Hurry and the Harm'
City And Colour's Dallas Green, the man with the haunting voice and poetic words who used to do double duty in Canadian screamo band Alexisonfire, is...
June 6, 2013 - Billboard
- Martin Luther King in Daily Telegraph
Martin Luther King said in 1963: "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the colour of their skin but by the content of their character."
- Serena Williams in SLAM! Sports
It's obviously a lot different - I'm not No. 81 any more. And the court's different - it's a different colour,Williams told the crowd after her 62-minute match at Rod Laver Arena against Australian resident Gajdosova.
- Rowan Williams in The Press in York
Dr Sentamu said: "This is not a moment for voting in favour of any political party whose core ideology is about sowing division in our communities and hostility on grounds of race, creed or colour; it is an opportunity for renewing the vision of a...