- n interest and variety and intensity
the characters were delineated with exceptional vividness
- n chromatic purity: freedom from dilution with white and hence vivid in hue
- He also reminds us that few travelers can pick up a place with such casual vividness, see Indian script "like washing hanging on a clothesline", or hear both the innocence and .
- Eastwood choreographs his battle scenes with a brutal vividness that matches the most cauterizing moments of Saving Private Ryan and Black Hawk Down.
- The reality of what the nation had lost was preserved with unprecedented, unthinkable vividness: his holographic ghost moving and talking inside every television set, that American .
- Elvis Costello in Reuters UK
I started out with songs I felt we could achieve very easily,Costello said during a conference call with reporters to promote his appearance at this year's Bonnaroo Music and Art Festival in Tennessee. "The vividness of those recordings...
- Raymond Mason in New York Times
I know some people are horrified by the vividness of the color,Mr. Mason said in a 1982 interview. "But where a painter might tend to harmonize his colors, a sculptor uses colors which fight - like red-brick buildings against trees, for...
- Stephen King in Publishers Weekly
It has the vividness that only epic works of fantasy and imagination can achieve. What else can I say? This: read this book and the ordinary world disappears,wrote Stephen King.