- v remove color from
The sun bleached the red shirt
- v make whiter or lighter
- s having lost freshness or brilliance of color
sun-bleached deck chairs
- s (used of color) artificially produced; not natural
a bleached blonde
- Low-light shots are plagued with orange highlights and noise-spackled blacks; flash photography can yield bleached faces or glare from unexpected reflectors.
- Another work, called Solewave a collage of 350 ocean-bleached flip-flops plucked from various Sri Lankan beachesrecalls the swirling intensity of a Van Gogh sky.
- The $250 million plant will go into operation next year and by 1981 will turn out 750 metric tons of bleached kraft pulp a day, enough to make a single strand of toilet paper .
News & Articles
- India's PEC tenders to import 12,000 T RBD palmolein
MUMBAI, June 17 (Reuters) - India's PEC Ltd issued a tender to import 12,000 tonnes of refined, bleached and deodorised (RBD) palmolein for shipment between June 25 and July 31. The RBD palmolein oil should ...
June 17, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance
- Unchecked looting guts Egypt’s heritage, with one ancient site ‘70 percent gone’
By Betsy Hiel, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review ABU SIR AL MALAQ, Egypt — A wispy-haired mummy’s head, bleached skulls, and arm and leg bones are piled outside looted tombs. A mummified hand ...
June 16, 2013 - The Mckeesport Daily News
- Clean lines and bold aesthetic blend with personal touches in West Lakeshore home
Clad in bleached cypress and white stucco, its powerful geometric shapes make a strong statement in an area of low-slung brick homes.
June 13, 2013 - New Orleans Times-Picayune
- Bono in Holy Moly (blog)
Bono said: "Edge's genuine genius developing on the blank and bleached photographic paper, avoiding all the obvious blues scales that blind every other guitar player that ever heard Led Zeppelin. The Edge finds some new colours for the spectrum of...
- George Clooney in ABC News
We were brought up to believe that the UN was formed to ensure that the Holocaust could never happen again,Clooney said. "So after Sept. 30, you won't need the UN You will simply need men with shovels and bleached white linen and...
- Sammy Sosa in The Gazette (Montreal)
I use (it) to soften (my skin), but has bleached me some. I'm not a racist, I live my life happily,Sosa said. "What happened was that I had been using the cream for a long time and that, combined with the bright TV lights, made my face...