- Rats, among other species, have a far greater capacity to cope with excess calories than we do because they have more of a dark-colored tissue called brown fat.
- Until now, only rodents and human newborns have been known to have any significant deposits of brown fat, so called because of its abnormally high concentration of dark-colored .
- The latest is Yellow Jersey, launched in May by big French Burgundy producer Boisset, which will be distributed only in dark-colored plastic bottles--a lot lighter than glass ones .
News & Articles
- Pittsfield High students relate personal tales in project
Pittsfield High School sophomore Madison Mayer has dark hair, wears dark eyeliner and often a dark-colored band T-shirt. She may only offer words to a few select and close people in her life on any given day.
June 14, 2013 - Berkshire Eagle
- He’s Crazy About Tiffany’s! Thief Steals $100,000 in Necklaces From Jewelry Icon
(Getty Images) It should have taken him at least four seconds to walk from the counter to the door, but this bandit did it in two. One dark, handsome, rich-looking man with passionate natures and too many teeth is wanted for pocketing $100,000 worth of necklaces from Tiffany’s Fifth Avenue store. The thief, wearing a dark-colored suit and tie, swiped the duds around 3 p.m. yesterday, police said ...
June 12, 2013 - The New York Observer
- Two Strangers Help Man Abandoned after Being Hit by a Car
ROSEVILLE - A driver in a dark-colored car hit a man and then drove off in Roseville early Tuesday morning, according to CHP. The hit and run happened on Watt Avenue near PFE Road around 3:30 a.m. Witness Heath Dougherty …
June 11, 2013 - FOX40 Sacramento
- Raymond Kelly in NBC Sandiego.com
The individual (on the bicycle) was wearing a hood and dark-colored clothing, also carrying a backpack. He did not see the individual's face,Kelly said.
- Jeffrey Skilling in Houston Chronicle
I was no longer part of the solution, I was part of the problem,Skilling said. "I was looking at the business with dark-colored glasses."