sour : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a cocktail made of a liquor (especially whiskey or gin) mixed with lemon or lime juice and sugar
- n the taste experience when vinegar or lemon juice is taken into the mouth
- n the property of being acidic
- v go sour or spoil
The milk has soured
- v make sour or more sour
- s smelling of fermentation or staleness
- a having a sharp biting taste
- s one of the four basic taste sensations; like the taste of vinegar or lemons
- s in an unpalatable state
- s inaccurate in pitch
a false (or sour) note
- s showing a brooding ill humor
a sour temper
- Every day, millions of Americans complain of "heartburn" or "sour stomach.
- Sweet and sour news greeted the nation's sugar lovers last week.
- Jingles urged readers and radio listeners: "When you feel sour and sunk, and the world looks punk .
News & Articles
- 3 peppers add pop to your July 4 potato salad
One variety of pepper just isn't enough to get this potato salad ready for your July Fourth celebration. So we upped it to three — black pepper, cayenne pepper and roasted red peppers — each adding their own distinct flavor. And don't worry, the bite of black and cayenne peppers are tamed by the sweet roasted red peppers and the sour cream dressing.
June 18, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- French Culture Demands Set U.S.-EU Trade Talks on Sour Note
A spat about government participation in the movie and music industry is threatening to sour talks for a trans-Atlantic trade deal before they’ve even begun.
June 17, 2013 - Wall Street Journal Blogs
- Medical marijuana collective tries new model
A jar of "Lemon Sour Diesel," medical marijuana is displayed for photo purposes on Tuesday, March 19, 2013, at "The Green Oasis" a medical marijuana dispensary, in Otisville, Mich. The Michigan medical marijuana facility is partnering with Stanley "Flesh-N-Bone" Howse , a member of the Grammy-winning rap group Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, to cultivate and distribute a new strain of medical marijuana.
June 17, 2013 - 22 WSBT South Bend