- v look at with a fixed gaze
- v look angry or sullen, wrinkle one's forehead, as if to signal disapproval
- s showing a brooding ill humor
- For one thing, Kurt Nielsen wore his best court manners; there was no clowning or glowering.
- On the basic power sweep to the right, glowering End Marlin McKeever cuts down the tackle, and glowering Guard Mike pulls out to lead the interference.
- And in one of the iron-barred cages she sat, shorn of her power, glowering at the court officials, scowling at the Carabinierian old woman, with wrinkled skin, ferocious .
News & Articles
- Presenting the Miami Heat #TuffFaces Game 7 T-shirt
A Miami Heat Gem!raves the Miami Herald . "A glowering version of A Tribe Called Quest's Midnight Marauders album cover , but with Juwan Howard in the Kool Moe Dee role!" raves ... well, anyway, that's what I think it looks like.
June 20, 2013 - Philly.com
- Ken Auletta in Forbes
The New Yorker's Ken Auletta described their altercation this way: "To the petite Snider, [Weinstein] was a fearsome sight--his eyes dark and glowering, his fleshy face unshaved, his belly jutting forward half a foot or so ahead of his body. He...
- Alonso Duralde in Hindu
Film critic Alonso Duralde said, "There's a gaping hole at the centre of Valkyrie, and his name is Tom Cruise. He's the only actor in the film not doing either a British or a German accent and he spends every moment on screen glowering and purring...
- Martin Newland in Telegraph.co.uk
Our wives had dragged us to some ghastly chick flick,Newland remembers. "Over dinner afterwards, I spotted Matt doodling under his napkin. After the meal, he slid me a cartoon of two mutinous-looking husbands sitting in a cinema, glowering...