- n United States tennis player who dominated women's tennis in the 1920s and 1930s (1905-1998)
- n United States evangelist (1837-1899)
- s showing a brooding ill humor
he sat in moody silence
- s subject to sharply varying moods
- Martina Navratilova in The Associated Press
At the rate she's going, she certainly may catch me and Chris and Helen Wills Moody and who knows, maybe even Steffi,Navratilova said. "She's just head and shoulders above everybody else, and those are pretty broad shoulders she's got."
- John Major in International Herald Tribune
He could be moody and introspective, but once he was a friend, he was a friend for life,former British Prime Minister John Major told the British Broadcasting Corp. "I think his tremendous work in terms of instilling democracy is what will...
- Kyle Busch in Sky News
I'm not happy unless I am winning, to be honest. I am a miserable person,Busch said after his win. "But it means a lot to be able to run well and win. I'm a moody person, I guess. All of us drivers are when we're not having a good day. But...