- n time for Earth to make a complete rotation on its axis
two days later they left
they put on two performances every day
there are 30,000 passengers per day
- n some point or period in time
it should arrive any day now
after that day she never trusted him again
those were the days
these days it is not unusual
- n a day assigned to a particular purpose or observance
- n the time after sunrise and before sunset while it is light outside
the dawn turned night into day
it is easier to make the repairs in the daytime
- n the recurring hours when you are not sleeping (especially those when you are working)
my day began early this morning
it was a busy day on the stock exchange
she called it a day and went to bed
- n an era of existence or influence
in the day of the dinosaurs
in the days of the Roman Empire
in the days of sailing ships
he was a successful pianist in his day
- n the period of time taken by a particular planet (e.g. Mars) to make a complete rotation on its axis
how long is a day on Jupiter?
- n the time for one complete rotation of the earth relative to a particular star, about 4 minutes shorter than a mean solar day
- n a period of opportunity
he deserves his day in court
every dog has his day
- n United States writer best known for his autobiographical works (1874-1935)
- The disruptions were spotty and not everyone was on board, but Monday's immigration protests grabbed the nation's attention.
- Shifting to a four-day workweek could save energy, cut traffic--and make you happier.
- It takes place the day after Christmas, but nobody can remember why.
News & Articles
- Short Day of Testimonies in Weisheit Murder Trial
Day three in the Jeffery Weisheit murder trial turns out to be a half day.
June 13, 2013 - FOX 7 WTVW Evansville
- Day-Night Doubleheader Dresses
Putting together a summertime day-to-night outfit, work appropriate and breezy, can be a bit of a wardrobe challenge: how to feel confident and fabulous at the office, then chic in the evening without carrying a change of clothes.
June 12, 2013 - New York Times
- Day recognized for musicianship
Andrea Day, a seventh-grade student at Foothills Middle School, was recognized for her “outstanding musicianship” during the John Moawad Jazz festival at Central Washington University last month. Day, the daughter of Jack and Lisa Day of Wenatchee, was featured as a flugelhorn soloist on the jazz ballad “As If to Say Goodbye” with the Foothills Middle School advanced jazz band at the competition ...
June 12, 2013 - The Wenatchee World
- Bertrand Piccard in Telegraph.co.uk
Nothing can prevent us from another day and night...... and the myth of perpetual flight,an Mr Piccard told journalists, noting that the airline had three hours' flight time left when the sun rose.
- Chet Culver in The Associated Press
I am especially saddened because the accident occurred during the events celebrating Independence Day, which is a day that should be filled with pride and joy for all Iowans and Americans,Culver said.