daylight : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the time after sunrise and before sunset while it is light outside
- n light during the daytime
- Abstaining from food or drink during daylight hours is challenging enough for the average person, but for the Ghana-born Muntari, a professional soccer player with Italy's Serie .
- France, after much procrastination, adopted daylight saving.
- It displays images crisply on a surface as close as 8 inches away and as distant as 8 feet away, even in daylight.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in BusinessWeek
Earlier, US Secretary of Stae Hillary Clinton told the pro-Israel group that Israeli settlement construction in areas sought by Palestinians "exposes daylight between Israel and the United States that others in the region could hope to exploit."
- Carl Nafzger in Forbes
Heartbreaking, that's what it was,Nafzger said. "We only needed a nose. Curlin ran a hell of a race, but we had Curlin. We should never have let him come back and get us. When you open up a lead and have two lengths of daylight you're...
- Vladimir Putin in CBC.ca
We know that they are lying low, but it is already a matter of the pride of law enforcement agencies to drag them out of the sewer and into broad daylight,Putin said.