bluing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n used to whiten laundry or hair or give it a bluish tinge
- n a process that makes something blue (or bluish)
- v turn blue
- If bluing is used a bluish tinge appears on the white covering.
- To brighten, if not lighten, their washday loads, they buy more than $1 billion a year worth of bleaches and bluing agents, starches and softeners, disinfectants and detergents.
- As white-haired women usually do, she requested the coiffeur to put a little bluing in the rinse water.
News & Articles
- RTS for 8/17
MADE IN BRADFORD: Wright Scroxton’s New Method Manufacturiing produced household gadgets, gun bluing and catalytic cigar and cigarette lighters from the late 1920s into the 1960s and early ’70s.
Aug. 17, 2013 - The Bradford Era