- v put up with something or somebody unpleasant
The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks
- v face and withstand with courage
- v continue to live through hardship or adversity
- v undergo or be subjected to
- v last and be usable
- v persist for a specified period of time
- v continue to exist
The legend of Elvis endures
- American music, like America itself, seems too democratic for any title to endure.
- Tzipi's strength to endure, indeed to excel, in what were difficult, often heartbreaking, conditions was a testament to her character.
- Leroy Hubley, 72, married for 48 years and a father of three, has lived through tragedy no one should endure once, and he did so twice in the span of a month.
News & Articles
- Learning Chiefs take their lumps from B-NBA Gold
OTTAWA — The Ottawa Savings Bank Chiefs continued to endure the pain of their learning curve on the diamond Tuesday night. Meanwhile, the Bloomington-Normal Baseball Association 18U Gold team went out and "did their business." The B-NBA Gold
June 19, 2013 - The Ottawa Times
- Will Kevin Garnett Spurn Rebuilding Boston Celtics, Retire Before Next Season?
Kevin Garnett tried to flee the Boston Celtics to no avail, so he now has a decision to make. Does he endure the next year or two of an extensive rebuild or walk away from the NBA entirely? Once Baxter Holmes of The Boston Globe reported that trades talks between the Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers were dead, Garnett was instantly (and finally) thrust head-first into the transactional mayhem ...
June 19, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Scientists Endure Hours of Sean Connery Impressions to Better Humanity
With the noble goal of elevating the subtleties of speech , a group of scientists at the Royal Holloway College at the University in London endured an awful task. They studied "non-professional impersonators" doing their best impressions. The scientists looked at fMRI scans as these "non-professional impersonators" imitated other people's voices and foreign accents, in hopes to learn more about ...
June 18, 2013 - Gawker
- Barack Obama in HeraldNet
They endure the daily humiliations -- large and small -- that come with occupation,said Obama, using a term he did not use after meeting Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu last month. "So let there be no doubt: The situation for the...
- Prince William in guardian.co.uk
In a short and unusually personal speech to children who have lost parents or siblings, William said he understood "that losing a close family member is one of the hardest experiences that anyone can endure". "Never being able to say the word...
- Kevin Rudd in BusinessWeek
I've given it my absolute all,Rudd told reporters in Canberra today, as he fought back tears. "These reforms will endure into the future and make Australia, I believe, a fairer and better place than it would otherwise have been."