love : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a strong positive emotion of regard and affection
his love for his work
children need a lot of love
- n any object of warm affection or devotion;
the theater was her first love
- n a beloved person; used as terms of endearment
- n a deep feeling of sexual desire and attraction
their love left them indifferent to their surroundings
she was his first love
- n a score of zero in tennis or squash
it was 40 love
- n sexual activities (often including sexual intercourse) between two people
his lovemaking disgusted her
he hadn't had any love in months
he has a very complicated love life
- v have a great affection or liking for
I love French food
She loves her boss and works hard for him
- v get pleasure from
I love cooking
- v be enamored or in love with
She loves her husband deeply
- v have sexual intercourse with
- Save for a mother's love for her child, is there any such thing as unconditional love?
- The huge and brawny man looked formidable and incapable of love but later events proved otherwise.
- With email, tweeter and Facebook taking over the lovers lane, where is the time for love letters?
News & Articles
- Love undergoes open heart surgery
Shirley Love, one of West Virginia’s more colorful politicians who launched his career as a broadcaster in his native Oak Hill, underwent open heart surgery late last month at Charleston Area Medical Center.
June 12, 2013 - The Register-Herald
- Jennifer Love Hewitt: See Her Engagement Ring and Baby Bump!
Jennifer Love Hewitt is pregnant and engaged to her Client List costar Brian Hallisay -- and Us Weekly has the first pictures of the actress' diamond ring and tiny baby bump in its June 17 issue!
June 11, 2013 - US Weekly
- Jennifer Love Hewitt debuts ring, baby bump
Jennifer Love Hewitt is pregnant and engaged to her "Client List" co-star Brian Hallisay -- and Us Weekly has the first pictures of the actress' diamond ring and tiny baby bump in its June 17 issue!
June 11, 2013 - MSNBC
- Paris Hilton in The Associated Press
Everyone was super nice and friendly to me,Hilton wrote. "I love South Africa! Such an amazing place, especially during The World Cup! Hope that clears everything up."
- Oprah Winfrey in Times Online
Tears in her eyes and her voice breaking, the billionaire talk show host Oprah Winfrey yesterday told her legions of viewers: "I love this show, this show has been my life - and I love it enough to know when it's time to say goodbye."
- Jarrett Barrios in Los Angeles Times (blog)
GLAAD President Jarrett Barrios heralded the move, saying the group was "thrilled" that the program "now recognizes what most fair-minded Americans have already concluded -- a wedding celebrates love and commitment, whether the spouses are straight...