- n a beloved person; used as terms of endearment
- s dearly loved
- s with or in a close or intimate relationship
- s earnest
one's dearest wish
- s having a high price
- Dynamic Duo: House majority leader Tom DeLay called lobbyist Jack Abramoff one of his "dearest" friends.
- A "running gag" much admired by Hollywood experts is built up in a millionaire who, when drunk, is Chaplin's dearest friend; when sober, has him thrown out of the house.
- For my 16th birthday I was given a present that remains one of my most vivid, dearest memories.
News & Articles
- #140YOU conferences all about 'health and wellness journeys'
Sometimes it takes a tragedy to open our eyes. For Jeff Pulver, that unfortunate event occurred 15 years ago with the loss of his father. What Jeff learned was that without good health a person can’t be there when needed for his or family, and there is no greater gift than being able to bestow our love on those we hold dearest.
June 14, 2013 - The MetroWest Daily News
- Carrillo takes top prize in JAHC Juried Art Show
Juneau artist Christianne Carrillo won first place in the Juneau Arts & Humanities Council's 4th Biennial Juried Art Show for her oil painting, "Dearest," the JAHC announced Friday. Rob Roys won second place for "Mother Night.
June 13, 2013 - Juneau Empire
- Nintendo avoids hype, brings old standbys to E3
In stark contrast to the pomp and superlatives of Monday's Microsoft and Sony events, Nintendo's presence at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles is modest. But though the new games from the company's oldest and dearest franchises come as no surprise, that doesn't mean they aren't worth playing."Super Mario 3D World," which brings the acclaimed 3-D Mario series to the Wii U, is what ...
June 11, 2013 - MSNBC
- Frankie Banali in Reuters UK
I can't even find the words to say,Quiet Riot drummer Frankie Banali said on his Web site. "Please respect my privacy as I mourn the passing and honour the memory of my dearest friend, Kevin DuBrow."
- Elizabeth Taylor in Xinhua
The rumors regarding my engagement simply aren't true,Taylor wrote on her Twitter page. "Jason is my manager and dearest friend. I love him with all my heart."
- Princess Diana in International Herald Tribune
In one of the letters read to the jury, Diana wrote: "Dearest Pa, I was particularly touched by your most recent letter which proved to me, if I didn't already know it, that you really do care."