devout : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s deeply religious
- s earnest
devout wishes for their success
- Arvind a devout Hindu, fell deeply in love with Sarah, a devout Roman Catholic and both decided to get married in spite of opposition from Sarah's family.
- Tim's father was as irreverent as his mother was devout but that did not stand in the way of his father donating a handsome sum for the orphange.
- Martin Luther King was a devout keeper of the Gandhian philosophy of non-violence.
News & Articles
- Tim Tebow and Patriots, an unholy alliance? Well, it could work
The NFL's most devout figure has joined its most Machiavellian organization. A strange fit, sure, but they might be just the team to bring the best out of him. The NFL's most devout figure has joined its most Machiavellian organization. A strange fit, sure, but they might be just the team to bring the best out of him.
June 12, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Rage Against the Machine guitarist Morello embraces Libertyville, upcoming parade
Rage Against the Machine guitarist Tom Morello is about to take on a new role. He is a Harvard-educated guitar innovator and devout social activist. Now, he’s set to be a parade grand marshal in his hometown of Libertyville on June 15. “It fits very comfortably with my history of embracing my hometown as a part of my genetic and musical makeup.”
June 12, 2013 - Vernon Hills Review
- Mad Men's Elisabeth Moss Says Scientology Makes Her A 'Better Version Of Herself'
In a recent interview for ABC’s “Popcorn,” Mad Men star, Elisabeth Moss, told the show’s host, Peter Travers, her faith makes her the best version of herself and gives her stability in her life. Unlike her character Peggy Olson, who is a devout Catholic, Moss practices Scientology. Scientology, developed by L. Ron Hubbard in 1952, “is a religion that offers a precise path leading to a complete ...
June 12, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Rod Hood in International Herald Tribune
Our quarterback is a definite leader and devout Christian,cornerback Roderick Hood said. "I think that has spearheaded our growth. Also, guys see the peace we have on the field and want to find that themselves."
- JJ Abrams in MSN Money
The whole point was to try to make this movie for fans of movies, not fans of `Star Trek,' necessarily,'Abrams said. "If you're a fan, we've got one of the writers who's a devout Trekker, so we were able to make sure we were serving the...
- Barack Obama in KPVI-TV
Obama said he's "a devout Christian," but believes "Islam can be compatible with the modern world."