- n the emotion of intense dislike; a feeling of dislike so strong that it demands action
- v dislike intensely; feel antipathy or aversion towards
I hate Mexican food
- Viewpoint: The tragic killing of a gay eighth grader in California should be an occasion for mourning, not new hate-crime legislation.
- Beating death of gay Wyoming student spurs calls for Congress to expand list of hate crimes.
News & Articles
- Hate speech on social media: Future fallout for teens and families?
His racist and homophobic comments angered a lot of people. The teenage son of Arizona Senator Jeff Flake has exposed a growing problem -- hate speech on social media.
June 15, 2013 - FOX 10 Phoenix
- Montgomery Co. Committee Holds Hate-Crime Discussion: Community members focus on tracking crimes and LGBT cultural ...
News: The Montgomery County Committee on Hate/Violence , part of the county's Office of Human Rights, convened a meeting at the Rockville Memorial Library Town Center Wednesday to discuss how to best respond to violence or other acts against members of the county's LGBT community. The committee, appointed by the Montgomery County executive and tasked with educating the public about hate and ...
June 14, 2013 - Metro Weekly
- Hate crime suspect asks to be released to feed pet cat
Suspects charged with a Capitol Hill hate crime pleaded not guilty Thursday in King County Superior Court, and the attorney for one argued that he should be able to go home - to take care of his cat. "He's actually very concerned with in terms of the welfare of the pet," the attorney for Trey Amberson told a judge. But the judge kept him in jail, saying a $10,000 bail amount was reasonable ...
June 13, 2013 - KIRO 7 Seattle-Tacoma
- Mitt Romney in 940 News
This is not an easy decision for me,Romney said. "I hate to lose. My family, my friends and our supporters ...... many of you right here in this room ...... have given a great deal to get me where I have a shot at becoming president. If...
- Samuel Alito in The Associated Press
Our proudest boast of our free speech jurisprudence is that we protect the freedom to express 'the thought that we hate,'Alito said, quoting a previous court decision. "Today's decision rests on a very different principle: no freedom for...
- Travis Barker in International Herald Tribune
I hate planes,Barker said in an interview with Us Weekly magazine. "My biggest fear ever is to be involved in a plane crash, so when that happened ...... well, I'm just thankful to be alive! I'm just grateful to be here at all."