- n someone who guards prisoners
- n a simple machine of the inclined-plane type consisting of a spirally threaded cylindrical rod that engages with a similarly threaded hole
- n a propeller with several angled blades that rotates to push against water or air
- n a fastener with a tapered threaded shank and a slotted head
- n slang for sexual intercourse
- v have sexual intercourse with
- v turn like a screw
- v cause to penetrate, as with a circular motion
drive in screws or bolts
- v tighten or fasten by means of screwing motions
- v defeat someone through trickery or deceit
- Depending on which statistics you believe, the number of Americans killed by medical screw-ups is somewhere between 44,000 and 98,000 every year--the eighth leading cause of death .
- Before you automatically reject that screw-cap bottle of wine as cheap and tacky, consider the fact that screw caps may be doing a better job of preserving wine than traditional .
- Good wines now come with screw caps, pop tops and paper.
News & Articles
- SpineGuard Receives U.S. Patent for PediGuard® Pedicle Screw
PARIS & SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SpineGuard receives U.S. patent for PediGuard® pedicle screw
June 18, 2013 - Business Wire
- Comparing deals for Bradshaw, Greene
The screw in Ahmad Bradshaw's right foot could be an issue for him going forward. If he's healthy, he could be a heck of an acquisition for the Indianapolis Colts. And the price sure seems right: It’s a one-year, $1.1 million contract that came with a $250,000 signing bonus. There is another $650,000 available in per game roster bonuses. I fielded a good question in the last couple days about ...
June 18, 2013 - ESPN Blogs
- KEMET Announces New Screw Terminal Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors
GREENVILLE, S.C., June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- KEMET Corporation (NYSE: KEM), a leading manufacturer of tantalum, ceramic, aluminum, film, paper and electrolytic capacitors, today announced the release of the new ALS60/61 Screw Terminal Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors. (Photo:...
June 17, 2013 - PR Newswire
- Ray Nagin in FOXNews
It's amazing. It makes me feel really good that so many people are saying, 'We as Americans, we as the world, have to get this right this time,'New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin said late Sunday. "We cannot afford to screw up again."
- Fred Couples in Forbes
What he's going to do is screw the US Open up for everyone else,Fred Couples said. "If he had shot 10 or 11 under, the USGA would have said, 'Well, maybe we have it in the right spot.' Now, they may have to regroup a little."