- v loosen something by unscrewing it
unscrew the outlet plate
- v loosen by turning
unscrew the bottle cap
- Like his aspiring hero Harry Patterson, Clyde Brion Davis "has all his life been trying to unscrew the in-scrutable.
- The shakers also unscrew for table use.
- At home they clamber on kitchen counters, unscrew light bulbs and mess up the simplest tasks, from hanging up their clothes to making the bed.
News & Articles
- True Blood Season Six Postmortem: Still Having a Ball
When it was announced that this season of True Blood wouldn't have Alan Ball at its helm, the first thing we all thought was Don’t screw this up. Or, rather, Don’t unscrew this up, since True Blood would be nothing without its screwing. In fact, if this show were a telenovela, its ... More »
Aug. 19, 2013 - Vulture
- Pamela Melroy in International Herald Tribune
We sure appreciate you answering that age-old question from Mission Control - how many astronauts does it take to unscrew a bolt,said astronaut Pam Melroy in Mission Control in Houston. "Apparently, it takes three. Two outside and one...
- Barney Frank in Telegraph.co.uk
The private market screwed itself up and they need the government come and help them unscrew it,House Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank, a Massachusetts Democrat, told reporters late yesterday after top lawmakers met with...
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in Fars News Agency
The government is determined to open all avenues and unscrew every bolt to implement article 44 of the constitution,Ahmadinejad told a meeting of leaders from the engineering sector.