- v use up, consume fully
The legislature expended its time on school questions
- v pay out
- In the meantime, Von Ahn has figured out a way to take advantage of all the spare brainpower hundreds of millions of people expend deciphering wiggly letters.
- But as long as people are excited about our work, we're going to expend the energy to do it.
- Doodling forces your brain to expend just enough energy to stop it from daydreaming but not so much that you don't pay attention.
News & Articles
- Sangre Chronicle > Red River > Red River mulls 2013-14 budget of $5 million-plus
With another projected Gross Receipt Tax (GRT) revenue increase, Red River officials are budgeting to bring in more revenue in the 2013-14 fiscal year and have planned for an increase in expenditures as well.
June 11, 2013 - Sangre de Christo Chronicle
- Gothic Milwaukee: 10 great buildings
One could expend a lot of verbiage on Gothic churches here, so to make sure this list of 10 great Gothic buildings in Milwaukee doesn't become a list of 10 Gothic churches in Milwaukee, I've limited myself to one house of worship. You may or may not agree about these buildings being the best examples of Gothic architecture in Milwaukee but you can't deny they are all landmarks and lovely ones at ...
June 9, 2013 - OnMilwaukee.com
- Double Double: A Dual Memoir of Alcoholism
“How much effort would you want to expend on solving a problem that you’re told in the end cannot be solved?” This is the dilemma of alcoholism: it is an obstacle that is always in the path.
June 7, 2013 - Book Reporter
- Van Jones in BBC News
I cannot in good conscience ask my colleagues to expend precious time and energy defending or explaining my past. We need all hands on deck, fighting for the future,Mr Jones wrote in his resignation letter.
- David Cameron in guardian.co.uk
Cameron told the Today programme: "In politics you only have a certain amount of time and capital to expend; spend it on the things that will make a difference and that is where helping the cashflow of small businesses would actually be a lot more...
- Asamoah Gyan in AFP
The Americans are a very good team. They expend a lot of energy and are strong physically,Gyan said. "But we too have good players. It is for that that we have so much self-confidence."