- n the distinctive form in which a thing is made
- n a type or class
more men of his stamp are needed
- n a symbol that is the result of printing or engraving
he put his stamp on the envelope
- n a small adhesive token stuck on a letter or package to indicate that that postal fees have been paid
- n something that can be used as an official medium of payment
- n a small piece of adhesive paper that is put on an object to show that a government tax has been paid
- n machine consisting of a heavy bar that moves vertically for pounding or crushing ores
- n a block or die used to imprint a mark or design
- n a device incised to make an impression; used to secure a closing or to authenticate documents
- v walk heavily
- v to mark, or produce an imprint in or on something
a man whose name is permanently stamped on our maps
- v reveal clearly as having a certain character
His playing stamps him as a Romantic
- v affix a stamp to
Are the letters properly stamped?
- v treat or classify according to a mental stereotype
- v destroy or extinguish as if by stamping with the foot
stamp out tyranny
- v form or cut out with a mold, form, or die
- v crush or grind with a heavy instrument
stamp fruit extract the juice
- v raise in a relief
- You can't eat it, but you can still lick this stamp.
- One commodity market that is in better shape than ever is the esoteric and specialized worldwide market in postage stamps.
- This stamp bears upon its breast in bold letters the words "One Cent.
News & Articles
- Nudging Detroit: Program Doubles Food Stamp Bucks In Grocery Stores
Incentive programs that double the value of food stamp dollars spent at farmers markets have been hailed as one of the most effective ways to encourage healthful eating and support local farmers. The flaw: Most people don't shop at farmers markets. So a new program will soon pilot the concept at three grocery stores in Detroit.
June 14, 2013 - NPR
- Joan Stamp Is Honored With Order of Vandalia
Citing her commitment to fundraising and giving, West Virginia University has honored Wheeling resident Joan Stamp with the Order of Vandalia. The honor came during a ceremony this past weekend in Morgantown.
June 14, 2013 - The Intelligencer / Wheeling News-Register
- Stamp Out Hunger collects 29K pounds of food for area food pantries
The 21st annual Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive, held by the United States Postal Service, is now complete. Nationally, the total collected since the food drive began is more than 1.2 billion pounds.
June 13, 2013 - Crossville Chronicle
- Barbara Boxer in ABC News
This Congress was never meant to be a rubber stamp,added Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-Calif., "Read the Constitution. The Congress has the power to declare war. And on multiple occasions, we used our power to end conflicts."
- Steve Buyer in msnbc.com
Effectively giving FDA stamp of approval on cigarettes will improperly lead people to believe that these products are safe, and they really aren't,Buyer said. "We want to move people from smoking down the continuum of risk to eventually...
- Mitch McConnell in Boston Herald
The American people expect a justice who will impartially apply the law, not one who will be a rubber-stamp for the Obama administration or any other administration,McConnell said in a statement one day after Kagan, 50, wrapped up three days...