- n fastener consisting of a resinous composition that is plastic when warm; used for sealing documents and parcels and letters
- n a device incised to make an impression; used to secure a closing or to authenticate documents
- n the pelt or fur (especially the underfur) of a seal
a coat of seal
- n a member of a Naval Special Warfare unit who is trained for unconventional warfare
- n a stamp affixed to a document (as to attest to its authenticity or to seal it)
the warrant bore the sheriff's seal
- n an indication of approved or superior status
- n a finishing coat applied to exclude moisture
- n fastener that provides a tight and perfect closure
- n any of numerous marine mammals that come on shore to breed; chiefly of cold regions
- v make tight; secure against leakage
seal the windows
- v close with or as if with a seal
She sealed the letter with hot wax
- v decide irrevocably
- v affix a seal to
seal the letter
- v cover with varnish
- v hunt seals
- In the spring when thousands of amorously barking seals follow their lovesick fancies up the coasts of Oregon and Washington toward the Pribilof Islands, their mating grounds, the .
- For Hawaiian monk seals, where males outnumber females 3 to 1, mating violence is so serious that biologists are worried that the species may be endangered.
- A Harp seal pup lays on an ice floe in the Gulf of Saint Lawrence near Charlottetown, Canada.
News & Articles
- Ex-Navy SEAL Jesse Ventura Wants To Sue Chris Kyle’s Widow
Ex-Navy SEAL Jesse Ventura filed a defamation lawsuit in 2012 against "American Sniper" Chris Kyle over an alleged bar fight in Coronado seven years ago. Today Ventura's attorneys asked a federal judge to make Kyle's widow Taya Kyle the new defendant in the case.
June 17, 2013 - KPBS San Diego
- MT Navy Seal receives special wheel chair
LOCKWOOD - A Navy Seal received a special wheel chair to help him enjoy fishing and hunting, on Saturday.
June 16, 2013 - KAJ Flathead
- Navy Seal receives special wheel chair
LOCKWOOD, MT A Navy Seal received a special wheel chair to help him enjoy fishing and hunting, on Saturday.Bo Reichenbach, who grew up in Lockwood, lost both his legs when he stepped on an Improvised Explosive Device in Afghanistan last on July 17 of last year.He has been in rehab at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Maryland and returned to Billings this week.The Semper Fi ...
June 15, 2013 - KTVQ Billings
- Hoshyar Zebari in Boston Herald
Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari said, "The number of people who were involved in the operation - to seal off the building, to set road blocks, to get into the building with such confidence - (means they) must have some connection," he said.
- Heidi Klum in FOXNews
I still think my husband (Seal) is the sexiest dad for our children, but (that's) beside the point,Klum, 33, told The Associated Press.
- Robinho in Sportinglife.com
A lot of things are being published and they are not the truth,added Robinho. "It is not true that I said that I was going to apologise to the press. We are working to seal my future, nothing else."