- n the base part of a tree that remains standing after the tree has been felled
- n the part of a limb or tooth that remains after the rest is removed
- n (cricket) any of three upright wooden posts that form the wicket
- n a platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it
- v cause to be perplexed or confounded
This problem stumped her
- v walk heavily
- v travel through a district and make political speeches
the candidate stumped the Northeast
- v remove tree stumps from
stump a field
- Tour de force new stump speech delivered -- using TelePrompter -- to Des Moines crowd and media bigfeet galore.
- While De Campos prepared the stump, Rogers marked the corresponding veins, arteries and nerves with sutures on the severed arm.
- For the 2008 presidential candidates, the Web is the newest place to stump for votes.
News & Articles
- 3 killed when minivan hits tree stump in W. Pa.
Two adults and a toddler have died after a minivan hit a tree stump and was catapulted, roof-first, into a tree in western Pennsylvania, possibly after the driver fell asleep.
June 20, 2013 - WTRF Wheeling
- Person involved in accident with stump grinder in Portsmouth
Police in Portsmouth are investigating an industrial accident involving a tree stump grinder.
June 20, 2013 - WMUR New Hampshire
- Westell names Kentrox alum Ben Stump as CTO
Westell Technologies has appointed Ben Stump as its senior vice president and chief technology officer. In his new role, Stump will oversee Westell's corporate strategy, product management, advanced technology, services, and marketing.
June 18, 2013 - FierceTelecom
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
I really don't think this is too big of a deal,Obama said. "When Senator Clinton says 'It's time to turn the page' in one of her stump speeches or says she's 'fired up and ready to go,' I don't think that anybody suggests that she's not...