- n a platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it
- From the pulpit on Sunday, Moss didn't address the unseen drama, and later that evening he left for a vacation.
- Faith leaders of all flavors have discovered the video pulpit.
- His frankness on stage or in the pulpit about sex and sexual abuse (topics most pastors prefer to limit to private counseling) is also a breakthrough.
News & Articles
- Pastors Nationwide to Challenge Government Speech Regulations on ‘Pulpit Freedom Sunday’
Nearly 1,100 pastors nationwide are expected to participate in an effort today that seeks to challenge government regulations on political speech from the pulpit. The effort is called Pulpit Freedom Sunday, and was organized by the Pulpit Initiative, a project of the Christian legal organization Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF). As the sixth annual event of [...]
June 11, 2013 - Christian News Network
- 49ers' Greg Roman refuses Super Bowl second guessing
Roman did not use his pulpit to second guess his play calls that failed to deliver a go-ahead touchdown in the 49ers' final series of their 34-31 Super Bowl loss to the Baltimore Ravens.
June 11, 2013 - Contra Costa Times
- Pulpit Freedom Sunday takes on controversial issues
Space Coast ministers plan to preach about marriage as part of the upcoming Pulpit Freedom Sunday, a day marking religious free speech.
June 7, 2013 - Florida Today
- Rod Blagojevich in MSNBC
She seemed to be someone who had helped Barack Obama in a significant way to become president,Blagojevich said. "She was obviously someone with a bigger bully pulpit than other senators. She probably wouldn't take it."
- Patrick Leahy in International Herald Tribune
The president once again is misusing his bully pulpit,Leahy said. "Once again they are showing they are not above fear-mongering if that's what it takes to get their way."
- Bill Owens in International Herald Tribune
I do have some budget authority,Owens said then. "I have some bully pulpit authority and that's why I said he should be fired from Day One."