- n a vague idea in which some confidence is placed
his impression of her was favorable
- n an outward appearance
he made a good impression
I wanted to create an impression of success
- n a clear and telling mental image
the events left a permanent impression in his mind
- n a concavity in a surface produced by pressing
he left the impression of his fingers in the soft mud
- n a symbol that is the result of printing or engraving
- n all the copies of a work printed at one time
- n (dentistry) an imprint of the teeth and gums in wax or plaster
the dentist took an impression for use in preparing an inlay
- n an impressionistic portrayal of a person
he did a funny impression of a politician
- n the act of pressing one thing on or into the surface of another
he watched the impression of the seal on the hot wax
- Although we know that not every zip code is a Beverly Hills, 90210, and not every small town a Peyton Place, the impression that is branded on our collective subconscious is that .
- Obama impersonator Gerardo Puisseaux Then again, even Barack Obama does a lousy impression of himself.
- However, the impression that Israel had helped bolster the Georgian military was one the Israeli Foreign Ministry was anxious to avoid.
News & Articles
- See it to believe it: Jason Kennedy's spot-on Macy Gray impression
E!'s Jason Kennedy may be known for interviewing celebrities, but while chatting with us in the TODAY green room back in April, Kennedy showed he could impersonate one as well.Kennedy said he discovered he could do a spot-on impression of singer Macy Gray, but couldn't quite recall how he discovered the talent."I have no idea (how I learned it)," Kennedy explained. "I was just sitting around ...
June 14, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Franklin's rise in Seattle is no surprise
Nick Franklin made an impression on MLB.com columnist and professional scout Bernie Pleskoff during the 2012 Arizona Fall League, and the Mariners' prospect turned starting second baseman has continued his rise all the way to Seattle.
June 14, 2013 - Major League Baseball
- E3 Impression - The Elder Scrolls Online
I jumped right in and played as a RedGuard Dragon Knight and started off at a nice castle town. My first impression was that the characters and world look really nice. The other thing I noticed is how action oriented the combat is.
June 13, 2013 - RPGamer
- Julia Gillard in Herald Sun
I'm not going to leave undisturbed the impression that I made an announcement about a specific location,Ms Gillard told Brisbane radio 4BC.
- Barack Obama in AFP
Obama said he had phoned the arresting officer, Sergeant James Crowley, and expressed regret for "an impression that I was maligning the Cambridge police department or Sergeant Crowley specifically. I could have calibrated those words differently...
- Sonia Sotomayor in Washington Post
My play......fell flat,Sotomayor said in response to Session's question. "It was bad, because it left an impression that I believed that life experiences commanded a result in a case, but that's clearly not what I do as a judge."