- n the experiencing of affective and emotional states
she had a feeling of euphoria
he had terrible feelings of guilt
I disliked him and the feeling was mutual
- n a vague idea in which some confidence is placed
what are your feelings about the crisis?
I had a feeling that she was lying
- n the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people
- n a physical sensation that you experience
he had a queasy feeling
I had a strange feeling in my leg
he lost all feeling in his arm
- n the sensation produced by pressure receptors in the skin
the surface had a greasy feeling
- n an intuitive understanding of something
he had a great feeling for music
- v undergo an emotional sensation or be in a particular state of mind
- v come to believe on the basis of emotion, intuitions, or indefinite grounds
- v perceive by a physical sensation, e.g., coming from the skin or muscles
- v be conscious of a physical, mental, or emotional state
- v have a feeling or perception about oneself in reaction to someone's behavior or attitude
- v undergo passive experience of:"We felt the effects of inflation"
- v be felt or perceived in a certain way
- v grope or feel in search of something
- v examine by touch
- v examine (a body part) by palpation
- v find by testing or cautious exploration
- v produce a certain impression
- v pass one's hands over the sexual organs of
- Built in Soviet-bloc Yugoslavia, the Yugo had the distinct feeling of something assembled at gunpoint.
- I get the feeling that I am seeing it fresh for the first time.
- It leaves one feeling restless and dissatisfied.
News & Articles
- Sparks derail Lynx 87-59
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The feeling stuck with Kristi Toliver when the Minnesota Lynx celebrated on her home floor last October and ended her championship aspirations.
June 22, 2013 - The Associated Press via Yahoo! Sports
- Distressed Cities Package leaves Syracuse's mayor feeling distressed
It's called the Distressed Cities Package, but it's left the mayor of Syracuse feeling distressed. Stephanie Miner, a frequent critic of state reforms, is unhappy with some changes in the final legislation. YNN's Bill Carey says they are changes the mayor thinks could add to the city's fiscal problems.
June 21, 2013 - YNN Syracuse
- Cameron Diaz Flips the Bird on The Other Woman Set—See the Pic!
Feeling bold, Cameron Diaz? The blond beauty was spotted in NYC on the set of her upcoming flick, The Other Woman, where she was snapped subtly flipping the bird for the camera. ...
June 21, 2013 - E! Online
- Jean-Claude Trichet in The Canadian Press
We have the feeling - but we will continue to observe that with great attention - that what is needed in terms of level of interventions on our part has been progressively diminishing,Trichet said.
- Tomas Berdych in USA Today
The feeling is absolutely amazing. It is really tough to describe,Berdych said. "Every young kid, from the first time he hits the ball and thinks to be a tennis player, this is the dream to be in the final of any Grand Slam. This is...
- Bob Bradley in The Associated Press
That was a really special feeling,US coach Bob Bradley said. "These guys put a lot into it, they never quit. We're proud. We finished first in our group. Five points, didn't lose a match. So we're ready."