feelings : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n emotional or moral sensitivity (especially in relation to personal principles or dignity)
the remark hurt his feelings
- n the experiencing of affective and emotional states
he had terrible feelings of guilt
- n a vague idea in which some confidence is placed
what are your feelings about the crisis?
- n the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people
- n a physical sensation that you experience
- n the sensation produced by pressure receptors in the skin
- n an intuitive understanding of something
- v undergo an emotional sensation or be in a particular state of mind
- v come to believe on the basis of emotion, intuitions, or indefinite grounds
- v perceive by a physical sensation, e.g., coming from the skin or muscles
- v be conscious of a physical, mental, or emotional state
- v have a feeling or perception about oneself in reaction to someone's behavior or attitude
- v undergo passive experience of:"We felt the effects of inflation"
- v be felt or perceived in a certain way
- v grope or feel in search of something
- v examine by touch
- v examine (a body part) by palpation
- v find by testing or cautious exploration
- v produce a certain impression
- v pass one's hands over the sexual organs of
- Meanwhile, if Hillary Clinton's feelings are still bruised, her husband's are positively raw.
- Victims of disasters are told it's good to talk about your feelings.
- If, on the other hand, the feelings they begin to express are not recognized and reinforced by the adults around them, they not only cease to express those feelings but they .
News & Articles
- 'Real Housewives' Caroline Manzo defends her new role as the show's messenger
By Jethro Nededog LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - Viewers have seen what looks like a 180-degree change in Caroline Manzo's feelings toward the ongoing feud between cast member Teresa Giudice and her sister-in-law Melissa Gorga on Bravo's "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" this season. "For me, it came to the point where everybody is right and everybody is wrong and everybody is entitled to feel ...
June 22, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Danica Patrick still not a fan of fellow racer Jacques Villeneuve
SONOMA -- Danica Patrick's feelings toward Jacques Villeneuve haven't softened any in the last year, saying on Friday that "after the things that have happened, it's hard to have a lot of respect for someone like that.
June 22, 2013 - The Vacaville Reporter
- Christian Leader With Same-Sex Attraction Has 'Mixed Feelings' on Exodus Apology
A notable Christian leader with same-sex attraction says that he holds "mixed feelings" about the recent shutting down of Exodus International and the apology issued to the LGBTQ community by its president.
June 21, 2013 - The Christian Post
- Bill Parcells in Seattle Times
I am in good health and feel lucky to have been able to coach in the NFL for an extended period of time,Parcells said. "I leave the game and the NFL with nothing but good feelings and gratitude to all the players, coaches and other people...
- Jeffrey Loria in CBSSports.com (blog)
Loria issued a statement, talking about how close he was with Gonzalez, then added, "We can't let personal feelings get in the way of taking steps that we believe are necessary to improve our ballclub."
- Robert Redford in Reuters
There is a point where feelings go beyond words. I have lost a real friend. My life - and this country - is better for his being in it,said actor Robert Redford, Newman's friend and co-star in "Butch Cassidy" and "The Sting."