spirit : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the vital principle or animating force within living things
- n the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people
- n a fundamental emotional and activating principle determining one's character
- n any incorporeal supernatural being that can become visible (or audible) to human beings
- n the state of a person's emotions (especially with regard to pleasure or dejection)
he was in good spirits
his spirit rose
- n the intended meaning of a communication
- n animation and energy in action or expression
- n an inclination or tendency of a certain kind
- v infuse with spirit
The company spirited him up
- Since Khrushchev met Eisenhower at the President's retreat in the Maryland hills, Soviet propagandists have been making great play with what they call "the spirit of Camp.
- PTI talks to the spirit medium and author of Do Dead People Watch You Shower about communicating with the Other Side.
- Honoring Hollywood's indie spirit, cracking a few jokes and walking a red carpet lined by porta-potties just another year at the Independent Spirit Awards.
News & Articles
- Spirit of Acadiana: Tennis at Lafayette City Club
The Spirit of Acadiana is in a tennis mode this morning. Chad Hebert, with the City Club of Lafayette shares information on something this summer for kids of all ages.
June 13, 2013 - KATC 3 Lafayette
- Spirit Realty shareholders approve merger with Cole Credit Property Trust II
Spirit Realty Capital announced that its shareholders have approved the merger of Spirit Realty Capital with Cole Credit Property Trust. Approximately 86% of the outstanding shares of Spirit Realty Capital ...
June 12, 2013 - Theflyonthewall.com via Yahoo! Finance
- Spirit Realty Capital Shareholders Approve Merger with Cole Credit Property Trust II
Spirit Realty Capital, Inc. , a real estate investment trust that invests in single-tenant, operationally essential real estate, today announced that its shareholders – at a special shareholders meeting held today – have approved the merger, pursuant to the definitive agreement, dated January 22, 2013, of Spirit Realty Capital with Cole Credit Property Trust II, Inc.
June 12, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Barack Obama in Winnipeg Sun
In his inauguration speech, Obama spoke of hope and the difficult challenges facing America proclaiming: "The time has come to reaffirm our enduring spirit; to choose our better history; to carry forward that precious gift, that noble idea, passed...
- Mitch McConnell in Edmonton Journal
Sen. Mitch McConnell said Byrd would be remembered "for his fighter's spirit and his abiding faith."