improbability : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the quality of being improbable
impossibility should never be confused with improbability
the improbability of such rare coincidences
- What I can't understand is why you invoke improbability and yet you will not admit that you're shooting yourself in the foot by postulating something just as improbable, magicking .
- The palm trees that sway in the salty sea breeze all around us do little to reveal the improbability of this sumptuous meal tranquilly consumed in this city whose name has become a .
- And when they talk to Brad, people sometimes get so excited that they produce dialogue of spectacular improbability.
News & Articles
- Roll of the Vice
A board game aficionado recently launched a Kickstarter campaign to create a D.C.-specific version of Risk . From the fact that everything east of the river is labeled "Anacostia" to the improbability of Columbia Heights and Chevy Chase teaming up to declare war on Tenleytown, the game has its share of flaws.
June 20, 2013 - Washington City Paper
- Barack Obama in Mirror.co.uk
Mr Obama said: "The sheer improbability of this victory is part of what makes D-Day so memorable. Long after our time on this Earth has passed, one word will still bring forth the pride and awe of men and women who will never meet the heroes who sit...
- Craig MacTavish in USA Today
The games are tough to win. And you never know. Somebody could go 1-3,Edmonton coach Craig MacTavish said. "The improbability grows a little bit with the loss tonight, but we're still a long ways away from being in the situation we were in...
- Condoleezza Rice in 940 News
The fact that all registered voters turned out to vote and even voted for the same candidate is a statistical improbability that points towards the conduct of fraud, anomalies and irregularities in the conduct of elections in certain clustered... Mar Roxas http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mar_Roxas&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH8qtuVMNI3cfVWTrlJ7cSZDZveaA Reuters India http://www.google.com/url?q=http://in.reuters.com/article/idINIndia-50003020100709&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHMxr86bRCjvXzrDS-T0g_bBqIP3A Jul 9, 2010
50247 67877 improbable US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Tuesday that reaching such a deal within the next eight months might be improbable but it's not impossible."