impressiveness : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n splendid or imposing in size or appearance
- n the quality of making a strong or vivid impression on the mind
- The impressiveness of the car-nage epic's take also surprised the industry analysts who had predicted a weekend figure in the $40 millions; some had thought FF might finish second .
- Something of father Sitwell's impressiveness can be judged from the fact that when 24-year-old Evelyn Waugh, already a hardened connoisseur of the old regime, first laid eyes on .
- More than any man, Strauss embodies both the strength Germany can contribute to the free worldand the uneasiness that strength still stirs by its very impressiveness.
News & Articles
- Toy Stories: Model Planes And Ships That Speak For Norway
About a year ago, we wrote about a peculiar problem of national identity . It turns out, despite the clean and minimal architecture and gleaming health care services, some Scandinavians detect a weakness in their political and cultural identity. So Oslo–based design group Permafrost tackled the issue by crafting a set of wooden kids' toys that visually extoll the impressiveness of the Norwegian ...
Oct. 2, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine
- Terry Francona in Redsox.com
I hope that the impressiveness is over,said Francona. "I hope he's had a great year and he goes 0-for-12, and I'm talking about, 'God, what a great year he had and then he struggled the last three games.' He's had an awesome year. I don't...