- n a mental state characterized by a pessimistic sense of inadequacy and a despondent lack of activity
- n a long-term economic state characterized by unemployment and low prices and low levels of trade and investment
- n a sunken or depressed geological formation
- n sad feelings of gloom and inadequacy
- n a period during the 1930s when there was a worldwide economic depression and mass unemployment
- n an air mass of lower pressure; often brings precipitation
- n a state of depression and anhedonia so severe as to require clinical intervention
- n a concavity in a surface produced by pressing
- n angular distance below the horizon (especially of a celestial object)
- n pushing down
depression of the space bar on the typewriter
- Genes for mental illness are hard to pinpoint, and a new study suggests that one gene variant that was thought to be associated with depression may not predict risk after all.
- Most patients go into such operations with anxiety, sometimes depression over both the risks and the results.
- Once called manic depression, the disorder afflicted adults.
News & Articles
- Tackling Depression in Men – Counselling Directory Support Men’s Health Week 2013
Counselling Directory supports Men’s Health Week 2013 by challenging men to talk about suicidal thoughts and depression before they take action. (PRWeb June 11, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10817674.htm
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- Australian study links depression, stroke
Women in their 40s and 50s who suffer from depression are almost twice as likely to have a stroke as women who aren't depressed, according to a large, long-running Australian study published in the May 16 issue of the journal Stroke. 'Although the absolute risk of stroke is low in mid-aged women, depression does appear to have a large adverse effect on stroke risk in this age group,' says lead ...
June 11, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Depression Common in Those With PTSD, Study Finds
Title: Depression Common in Those With PTSD, Study Finds Category: Health News Created: 6/6/2013 2:35:00 PM Last Editorial Review: 6/7/2013 12:00:00 AM
June 8, 2013 - MedicineNet.com
- Phil Gramm in guardian.co.uk
You've heard of mental depression; this is a mental recession,former senator Phil Gramm of Texas told the Washington Times.
- Barack Obama in Newsday
In the midst of our greatest economic crisis since the Great Depression, the American people were hoping that Congress would begin to confront the great challenges we face,Obama said in the address, released before he made his first trip to...