- n a person who exercises control over workers
- n a person responsible for hiring workers
the boss hired three more men for the new job
- n a person who exercises control and makes decisions
he is his own boss now
- n a leader in a political party who controls votes and dictates appointments
party bosses have a reputation for corruption
- n a circular rounded projection or protuberance
- n wild and domestic cattle; in some classifications placed in the subfamily Bovinae or tribe Bovini
- v raise in a relief
- s exceptionally good
a boss hand at carpentry
- Boss? Now that comes from boss man, and if this guy ain't the boss.
- FOLKLORE: The most cinematic moment in his 15-year reign as boss of bosses was a kiss that never happened.
- The arrest last week of Salvatore Lo Piccolo was a triumph for Italian law enforcement: the second Capo dei Capi, or boss of bosses, of the Cosa Nostra, the Sicilian Mafia, to fall .
News & Articles
- Boss Litho Installs Mitsubishi UV Perfector to Enter New Markets
CITY OF INDUSTRY, Calif. -- Boss Litho Inc. has achieved impressive growth in less than three years in existence. The printing company’s CEO, Jean-Paul Nataf, is justifiably delighted because he knows that not every fledgling print shop makes it, let alone sees its sales leap to $12 million in such a short span of time with only 35 people and two shifts of eight hours each. To give City ...
June 17, 2013 - ThomasNet
- 8 Things Your Boss Wishes You Knew
Want to get on your boss's good side and do better at work? One way is to understand her perspective, and the perspective of a manager can be very different from yours as an employee. Here are eight things your boss probably wishes you knew.
June 17, 2013 - U.S.News & World Report LP via Yahoo! News
- Chelsea boss Mourinho adamant he would have rejected Manchester United job
The Portuguese boss says that the Blues were the only side he was interested in joining, claiming that he would even have turned down the chance to follow Sir Alex Ferguson
June 16, 2013 - Goal.com via Yahoo! Sports
- Art Linkletter in Los Angeles Times
On 'House Party' I would talk to you and bring out the fact that you had been letting your boss beat you at golf over a period of months as part of your campaign to get a raise,Linkletter wrote.
- Doc Rivers in The Associated Press
They've been doing their jobs; I'll put it that way,Rivers said. "So have the players. They've been very vocal in their support. But that's good. We're very close. (Ainge) is my boss, and he's also one of my best friends. You look around...
- Sven-Goran Eriksson in Jamaica Gleaner
I spoke to him after training yesterday evening and he said he preferred to be on the bench,Eriksson said. "He said 'Boss, if you need me, I am there'. I hoped we would not need him but we wanted to win the game so we did what we did. We...