- v take the trouble to do something; concern oneself
- v cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations
- v to cause inconvenience or discomfort to
- v intrude or enter uninvited
- v make nervous or agitated
The mere thought of her bothered him and made his heart beat faster
- v make confused or perplexed or puzzled
- s caused to show discomposure
- Because the FBI had not bothered to notify the police of the ransom dropoff, two officers responded to the call.
- Though they eventually ran into a few crewmen in the course of their wanderings, no one bothered to challenge them.
- Break down projects and goals into discrete, definable actions, and you won't be bothered by all those loose threads pulling at your attention.
News & Articles
- Steelers, Eagles once united to form historic Steagles NFL squad
Basketball is over (not counting "The Draft That Everyone Says Is Worthless") and apparently hockey never ends, but we can't be bothered.
June 23, 2013 - Orlando Sentinel
- Dwyane Wade hopes to leave knee problems behind
Dwyane Wade knocked on the table at the interview podium. He then asked, `Is this wood?” That was his thinking after being asked if he would need surgery on his left knee that bothered him since early March. Wade said he doesn’t expect another procedure in the offseason and that rest is all he needs. “Hopefully no surgery,” [...]
June 23, 2013 - Inside Hoops
- Kei Kamara not bothered by Gareth Bale's "heart shaped hands" trademark | THE SIDELINE
Regardless, Kamara isn't bothered by the PR-savvy Bale's legal action. But at the same time, there's a "Damn, why didn't I think of that?" moment for the Sierra Leonian attacker, who started throwing the celebration up in 2011.
June 18, 2013 - Major League Soccer
- Nicklas Lidstrom in ABC News
It exceeded my expectations,said Detroit's Nicklas Lidstrom, who returned after missing two games with a sore ankle. "I don't think the wind or playing outdoors bothered either team."
- Brian France in SportingNews.com
It's inconsistent of our policies of our company and how we operate the sport,France said. "The fact that it went on as she stated, Ms. Grant, for many months but never bothered to tell anyone at management what was going on -- which is...
- Nouri al-Maliki in San Jose Mercury News
Those who make such statements are bothered by our visit to Syria. We will pay no attention. We care for our people and our constitution and can find friends elsewhere,al-Maliki said.