- a of or relating to fish and marine life that dwell on the bottom of a body of water
- Though changes in ocean temperature can also alter the oxygen balance, sea-bottom temperatures don't vary much no matter what's happening up top, yet the bottom-dwelling .
- If conditions like strong currents, which are common in summer, prevent oxygen-rich water from the surface from mixing with lower layers, bottom-dwelling animals like lobsters .
- This freedom means that you will never tether yourself to an eternally hopeless bottom-dwelling club--unless that's your masochistic bent.
News & Articles
- Gov. Patrick Seeks SBA Help For Mass. Fishermen
Patrick has officially certified that Massachusetts fishermen who chase bottom-dwelling groundfish have suffered "substantial economic injury."
Sept. 17, 2013 - WBUR Boston
- Patrick seeks SBA help for Mass. fishermen
BOSTON — Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick has taken a step toward making his state's battered fishing industry eligible for federal disaster assistance from the U.S. Small Business Administration. Earlier this month, Patrick officially certified that Massachusetts fishermen who chase bottom-dwelling groundfish had suffered "substantial economic injury." He cited the poor health of key fish ...
Sept. 17, 2013 - Boston Herald
- N.H. joins lawsuit against fishing regulations
The rules, which took effect May 1, include major cuts in catch limits for bottom-dwelling ground fish.
Sept. 16, 2013 - Portland Press Herald