bossy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s offensively self-assured or given to exercising usually unwarranted power
a bossy way of ordering others around
- As firm and bossy as any auteur, the woman finally joins the deux to make a mnage trois.
- Lying on the floor, drifting in and out of consciousness, I would gaze up at her and feel strangely comforted, the way you do around a certain kind of bossy, sexless power mom.
- She was overweight and a mite bossy.
News & Articles
- David Byrne and St. Vincent get brassy in Montclair
Their collaborative tour, which also comes to the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank on June 28, is unlike any other show currently on the road. It matches an art-rock pioneer with one of the true originals working in the pop underground, a drummer, a synth player and a bossy, colorful brass section.
June 14, 2013 - The Star-Ledger
- VIBE Premiere: Download Pusha T 'Numbers On The Board' (Crookers VIP Version)
Phra carries the 'Crookers' moniker in style, rolling dolo with a VIP version of Pusha T's "Numbers On The Board". The Italian producer-DJ gives the track buoyancy by putting Pusha's lyrics, "I'm so bossy" on loop, revving the hip-hop joint into a rap-dance-step amalgamation. Crookers' has re-twerked Pusha T into a utopian summer anthem that you'll be hearing all over the clubs, starting now...
June 13, 2013 - Vibe Magazine
- John Grant: Show Preview
I am the greatest motherfucker that you're ever gonna meet,assures singer John Grant early in his excellent new album, Pale Green Ghosts . He doesn't get any more humble or less bossy from there — "So go ahead and love me while it's still a crime/And don't forget you could b...
June 11, 2013 - SF Weekly
- David Cameron in FOXNews
Let us show them that this is the end for the big spending, big taxing, recklessly borrowing, big, bossy, interfering government that promises so much and delivers so little,Cameron said Sunday in a swipe at Labour.
- Patricia Arquette in International Herald Tribune
I was always a bossy little girl and being David's older sister I've bossed him around quite a bit. Now that he'll be directing me it will be payback time,Patricia Arquette said in a statement Monday. "I think it will be really interesting...
- Germaine Greer in AFP
I don't like Hillary because she's so bossy and cold and manipulative and stuff, and I don't think having her in power is going to make any difference, basically, because she will have the same set of advisers,Greer said.