- n the distinctive form in which a thing is made
- n container into which liquid is poured to create a given shape when it hardens
- n loose soil rich in organic matter
- n the process of becoming mildewed
- n a fungus that produces a superficial growth on various kinds of damp or decaying organic matter
- n a dish or dessert that is formed in or on a mold
a lobster mold
a gelatin dessert made in a mold
- n a distinctive nature, character, or type
a leader in the mold of her predecessors
- n sculpture produced by molding
- v form in clay, wax, etc
- v become moldy; spoil due to humidity
The furniture molded in the old house
- v form by pouring (e.g., wax or hot metal) into a cast or mold
- v make something, usually for a specific function
She molded the rice balls carefully
- v fit tightly, follow the contours of
The dress molds her beautiful figure
- v shape or influence; give direction to
mold public opinion
- A marvelous mold that saves lives when sulfa drugs fail was described in the British Lancet last month by Professor Howard Walter Florey and colleagues of Oxford.
- He correctly deduced that the mold must have released a substance that inhibited the growth of the bacteria.
- The penicillium mold, found in fertile soil, is cultivated in a sugary solution.
News & Articles
- Chesterfield family says mold problem keeps them from going home
A Chesterfield family says mold has forced them out of their home, and the landlord just won't fix the problem. Now, both the renters and landlord are headed to court.
June 18, 2013 - NBC 12 Richmond
- Meridian board to meet Wednesday about mold
MOUNDS — The Meridian School District 101 board will meet Wednesday to discuss and possibly act upon recent discovery of black mold inside the elementary school.
June 18, 2013 - The Southern Illinoisan
- Mold removal still issue of debate for Bolivar board
There is mold in City Hall, as countless witnesses have seen and a report released last month confirms, but what threat it poses and what costs the city should expend in its remediation are still bein
June 15, 2013 - Bolivar Herald-Free Press
- Placido Domingo in Washington Post
I always admired the God-given glory of his voice _ that unmistakable special timbre from the bottom up to the very top of the tenor range,Domingo said in a statement from Los Angeles. "They threw away the mold when they made Luciano. He...
- Herbie Hancock in CNN International
I'd like to thank the Academy for courageously breaking the mold this time, in doing so, honoring the giants upon whose shoulders I stand, some of whom like Miles Davis, John Coltrane ...... unquestionably deserved the award in the past,...
- Toni Wine in Forbes
He always took chances,said Toni Wine, who co-wrote the 1969 Sonny Charles and the Checkmates' hit "Black Pearl" with Spector and Irwin Levine. "If he heard and felt something, he just went with it. He didn't follow any mold."