honk : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the cry of a goose (or any sound resembling this)
- v make a loud noise
- v use the horn of a car
- v cry like a goose
The geese were honking
- v eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth
- Honk honk-honk-honk! Pas rai e ma koojast?! Honk honk-honk-honk! But the child is wrong about the evening shouts.
- Indolent cows languidly chewing their cud while befuddled motorists honk and maneuver their vehicles around them is an image as stereotypically Indian as saffron-clad holy men and .
- Dunne went to Princeton University and perfected talking through his nose, the better to honk down the lower orders.
News & Articles
- Rally for justice in Clintwood, Va.
CLINTWOOD, Va. — “Honk for justice!” Edna Gulley yelled at traffic passing the Dickenson County Courthouse Monday afternoon.
June 11, 2013 - Bristol Herald Courier
- Library kicks off Summer Reading program
Toot, bang, honk, and crash were the sounds coming from Franklin Memorial Library as they kicked off Summer Reading 2013 with performer Scott Douglas. He introduced the children to the world of music with a wide variety of bells, drums, xylophones, flutes, thumb pianos, and steel drums. Douglas e
June 7, 2013 - The Swainsboro Forest-Blade
- Honk for a cure
South Street Early Learning Center students lined the sidewalk in front of the school to try and get drivers to honk their horns Wednesday. This is the fifth year for the event, and the students raised more than $1,000 for the American Cancer Society in conjunction with the Relay For Life events.
June 6, 2013 - Warren Times Observer
- Rick Comley in MLive.com
It feels good,Comley said of the Michigan State community's enthusiastic response to making the Frozen Four. "The neighbors honk horns. You go in and buy a coffee and people are happy. They're excited. That's kind of why you're in it."
- Jackie Chan in CBS 2
I'm the police ambassador in Taiwan, Japan Honk Kong, China, everywhere, first time in America, thank you very much,Chan said.
- Roy Clark in The Tennessean
We would play drive-in theaters, standing on the top of the projection booth,Clark said. "If the people liked it, they'd honk their horns."