- n the act of clearing yourself (or another) from some stigma or charge
- n an act of removing by cleansing; ridding of sediment or other undesired elements
- n an abrupt or sudden removal of a person or group from an organization or place
he died in a purge by Stalin
- v oust politically
Deng Xiao Ping was purged several times throughout his lifetime
- v clear of a charge
- v make pure or free from sin or guilt
- v rid of impurities
purge the water
purge your mind
- v rinse, clean, or empty with a liquid
purge the old gas tank
- v eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth
He purged continuously
- v excrete or evacuate (someone's bowels or body)
The doctor decided that the patient must be purged
- Eight Deputies of the German Reichstag, or slightly more than 1% of its membership, are known to have been shot during Chancellor Hitler's blood purge (PTI, July 9).
- Soviet newsorgans were crammed last week with a new scandal: the crimes committed by small Communist officials in carrying out locally the nationwide purge fathered by Joseph .
- To intelligence men at Iron Curtain listening posts came telltale signs that the Kremlin's and-Jewish purge has descended on Communist Hungary, a country long notorious for its.
News & Articles
- 'The Purge': Murder with scruples
The Purgeis a deep philosophical and political film trapped underneath the necessity of being a horror home-break-in thriller.
June 14, 2013 - The Framingham Tab
- 'The Purge' scares up $34.1 million at box office
'The Purge' scares up $34.1 million at box office NEW YORK (AP) — Made for just $3 million, the suspense thriller "The Purge" scared up more than 10 times that in its opening weekend at the box office. The Universal horror film took in $2 million less than the studio estimated Sunday, but its actual weekend haul of $34.1 million still blew away industry forecasts. The top 20 movies at U.S. and ...
June 13, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Purge 2 Green-lighted
Variety has discovered that Universal is going for ward with a Purge Sequel. A sequel seems like a no brainer since the film cost only 3 million dollars to produce and made 34 million dollars its opening weekend. Variety learned that the sequel was a go due to Blumhouse Prods. receiving a $2.25 million tax credit from the state of California...
June 12, 2013 - Mania
- Sheldon Whitehouse in Forbes
What happened in this case sends a signal really through intimidation by purge: 'Don't quarrel with us any longer,'said Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, DR.I., a former US attorney who spent much of Monday evening paging through 3,000 documents...
- Charles Schumer in Forbes
The more we learn, the more it seems that people at high levels in the White House have been involved in the US attorney purge,Schumer said Monday.
- Andrew Cuomo in USA Today
Cuomo said ISPs can't "drag their feet when it comes to protecting our children and instead must quickly purge child porn from their servers."